• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Rex Goliath

Rex Goliath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Bunk went to beach this morning. 11 Quarters - 9 Dimes - 5 Nickes - 9 Penneys - 1 $5 Peso - 5 Lead fishing Weights - 2 Krocodale lures - 1 Lexus key - Bobby pines - Tent stakes - ETS: Was ready to give up Then new Target 1 14K Wedding Band with Diamonds see Pic. This Was a Good Day.

Attached Files

#22 Bunk

Bunk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hi Rex, Congrats on todays finds! I will try to get your pics posted. I don't know wry the forum will not accept then.
Bunk

#23 Chris Gholson

Chris Gholson

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

Rex,

Congrats on that diamond ring, what an incredible find! :lol: Looks like you are having a blast with the GPX5000 on the beach. Keep up the good work!

P.S. I was able to get the photos loaded. I think they just needed to be resized first.
ARIZONA OUTBACK
Your MINELAB Connection
N. American Distributor for Nugget Finder Coils
Tel: (928) 777-0267
Email: info@arizonaoutback.com
www.ArizonaOutback.com

#24 Rex Goliath

Rex Goliath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostChris Gholson, on 11 February 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Rex,

Congrats on that diamond ring, what an incredible find! :lol: Looks like you are having a blast with the GPX5000 on the beach. Keep up the good work!

P.S. I was able to get the photos loaded. I think they just needed to be resized first.
Hello Chris Went to aprase the ring this afternoon at a coin jewlery shop?. Yes they are real DIAMONDS. They praised at $265.00 .CASH
I have some storys to tell. See you soon. Rex Goliath

#25 Rex Goliath

Rex Goliath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Bunk Hunting on the beach in San Diego been good these last days 12 quaters - 9 dimes - 5 nickles - 16 penneys - 5 sinkers - 1 key - 15 bobby pins
Etc. see Pic. And one Nice Ladies Gold Diamomd ring 1/4 cart . 18K Gold.

Attached Files

#26 Bunk

Bunk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:37 AM

View PostRex Goliath, on 12 February 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

Bunk Hunting on the beach in San Diego been good these last days 12 quaters - 9 dimes - 5 nickles - 16 penneys - 5 sinkers - 1 key - 15 bobby pins
Etc. see Pic. And one Nice Ladies Gold Diamomd ring 1/4 cart . 18K Gold.
Wow! You are really doing well with your 5000 on the beach! Are these finds coming out of the wet or dry sand? Also, what scoop do you use?
Bunk

#27 Rex Goliath

Rex Goliath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostBunk, on 13 February 2012 - 06:37 AM, said:

Wow! You are really doing well with your 5000 on the beach! Are these finds coming out of the wet or dry sand? Also, what scoop do you use?
Bunk
Ill bring the scoop with me this weekend to show you.and tell some storys. wheather is not good here in san diego monday afternoon.

#28 Rex Goliath

Rex Goliath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Bunk. BEACH Hunting was Great Sat / Sun Morning spring breakers left my Treasures. First Ladies Watch. Several Rings. Lots of Change. see Pic.

Attached Files

#29 Patrick in Havasu

Patrick in Havasu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hello Rex. Those "clips" to the right of the watch look like the 50 Caliber's we find all over the area of Lake Havasu City, and Franconia Wash.

Patrick.....

#30 shasta gold hunter

shasta gold hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

did Terry post a pic of a tripod??????

#31 Mike Furness

Mike Furness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

Shasta ... Huh?
Mike F

Mike Furness
Detector Training Instructor
Arizona Outback
To Schedule a Lesson: 928-777-0267
Email at: info@arizonaoutback.com
Novice and Advanced Training on Minelab PI and VLF Detectors geared to individuals and groups, Full Day (approx 6 hours) training on site at proven gold producing placer claims in the Northern Bradshaw's(Prescott, Dewey-Humboldt, Mayor area) or Rich Hill (Congress, Stanton) Arizona Gold Fields with your equipment or the free loan of ours. Other manufacturer's detector training available by special request. Drywashing and panning training available seasonally. Any gold you find during your instruction period is yours to keep! Please call Chris Gholson at AZO, 928-777-0267, for complete details and available dates.

#32 Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

First, Props to Rex on the Iced Gold Ticket! Went out with a buddy yesterday here on the East Coast (Jones Beach, Long Island), and he was hitting quarters at 27-inches in the dry sand with his GPX5000 - with no problem at all! I was swinging a Tesoro Sand Shark, and my friend Joe swung his Whites Dual Field. We both had to stay a good 25-feet away from the Minelab. Wow! :o My Shark would start singing Country music if Roger even got close with that beast! :lol: I managed a Sterling Silver Crucifix and some 1960s clad. Roger has invented what he calls "Bullhorns" for his 5000. He says it saves his back and shoulders. I tried it and it threw me off at first, but I can see how it could help folks with bad backs or shoulders, as putting the machine out in front of you changes the weight distribution. We swung for six-and-a-half-hours with one 15-minute break, so I guess it works for him!
Attached File  j1.jpg   102.51K   14 downloads Attached File  j2.jpg   170.5K   22 downloads
Attached File  j3.jpg   321.34K   25 downloads Attached File  j4.jpg   104.76K   34 downloads
Attached File  j5.jpg   343.92K   35 downloads Attached File  j8.jpg   159.72K   31 downloads
Attached File  j9.jpg   144.57K   26 downloads Attached File  J11.jpg   55.66K   18 downloads

#33 Rex Goliath

Rex Goliath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

Hello Terry nice cross. good pic. I have the same thing at the beach with the 5000 minelab. Digging down to about 24" and still no sign of what is down there then give up digging. Ive dug down to 3' found a match box car several times.
Haven't been out in two weeks to the beach. this saturday im going beach hunting. Went to Gold Basin last weekend of april. Some of the good old men where there. Frank C found seven nuggets on friday. They look good. I didn't find shit. Except LEAD.
Better luck next time.

#34 Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostRex Goliath, on 02 May 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

Hello Terry nice cross. good pic. I have the same thing at the beach with the 5000 minelab. Digging down to about 24" and still no sign of what is down there then give up digging. Ive dug down to 3' found a match box car several times.
Haven't been out in two weeks to the beach. this saturday im going beach hunting. Went to Gold Basin last weekend of april. Some of the good old men where there. Frank C found seven nuggets on friday. They look good. I didn't find shit. Except LEAD.
Better luck next time.

Thanx Rex! That Frank is a piece of work isn't he? He makes it seem SO easy :D

#35 fredmason

fredmason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

Very creative solution but a swingy thingy or Hipstick would be good too...looks cold back there!

I have worked the beach with older Minelabs...for me, it would be hard to expose a new 5000 to salt-air and saltwater...

fred

#36 Rex Goliath

Rex Goliath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

Hi Fred I put a plastic bag taped around the unit. If the weather is heavy mist i dont go and I dont go into the water. Im really thinking of buying a new water proof metal detector soon so i dont screw up my 5000. Oh Shep was there at gold basin and found
3 nuggets on saturday . 1 was verry good size.

#37 Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

Most of the Minelab owners swing either Excaliburs, or waterproofed Sovereign machines. Whites guys swing Dual Fields, I swing a Tesoro Sand Shark.

#38 Dirtscience

Dirtscience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Ok,

Now you've done it. I have never thought about taking the 5000 to the beach but I go about 2 times a year to SD. I'm going to be in San Diego June 3rd through the 7th. I have plenty of family activities I must do but want to take some time out at the beach to give my 5000 a break from the rattle snakes. I am fully aware of the damage salt water (mist) can have on electronics but have a plan for that. I would like to know what coils work best at the beach, DD or Mono. What do you think the effect of the Salt atmosphere will have on the old fiberglass Nugget finder coils? I do have more modern NF's as well. What do you use to dig with? And most importantly, Regulations. Are there any restrictions to hunting on the beach other than common sense about giant holes. Rex I have sent you a P.M.

Best Regards,

Mark

#39 Dirtscience

Dirtscience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

I found most my answers in the general prospecting section. Thanks Mike F. Still one question remains. Regulations? Any??

Regards,

Mark

#40 Mike Furness

Mike Furness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

You're welcome ... I am not familiar with any regulations that may exist in SD ... check with someone local to the area. And have fun. Mike F
Mike F

Mike Furness
Detector Training Instructor
Arizona Outback
To Schedule a Lesson: 928-777-0267
Email at: info@arizonaoutback.com
Novice and Advanced Training on Minelab PI and VLF Detectors geared to individuals and groups, Full Day (approx 6 hours) training on site at proven gold producing placer claims in the Northern Bradshaw's(Prescott, Dewey-Humboldt, Mayor area) or Rich Hill (Congress, Stanton) Arizona Gold Fields with your equipment or the free loan of ours. Other manufacturer's detector training available by special request. Drywashing and panning training available seasonally. Any gold you find during your instruction period is yours to keep! Please call Chris Gholson at AZO, 928-777-0267, for complete details and available dates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users