11 replies to this topic

#1 Uncle Ron

Uncle Ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

Yo All ... I chased down a small quartz vein in some greenstone schist recently ... After a couple days of following crumbs up a hill I hit a pocket ... Butt ugly gold ... But near 5 ozt. of butt ugly gold can grow on you ... Anyhow, I'm fixing to dolly it all up and smelt it ... Can't wait to see how much finished gold I get ... I'm thinking about 3 ozt. The largest one on the upper left weighs 2.5 ozt. ... The big flat one (1.8 ozt.) has the vein like a sandwich throughout itsself ... Cheers, Unc

Attached Files

Uncle Ron's Gold Claim Maps for 2014 Completely Revised Rich Hill Club Claims Map Just Released!
If you want to cut weeks or months off the time to find your first nugget, look only for those with your name on them!

#2 frank c

frank c

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

O.K. You got me.
I'm patiently waiting for the pics and report after you dolly it an pan er out.
Metal detecting ,Puffer Drywashers, Gold ,Meteorites, and Good Friends
These are a few of MY favorite things.
HAPY HUNTN FOLKS

Ol Yeller Drywashers
Custom Hand Operated
Drywashers
http://olyeller.wordpress.com/

#3 beatup

beatup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

ugly can be a very cool thing,nice going ron !!.
beatup

#4 wdu

wdu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

Ugly can be good. I think weve all been involved with "ugly" at one time or another.

Nice finds Unc. I'll take ugly gold over no gold any time.

Bill

#5 bkopps

bkopps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Butt ugly or not you found some yellow gold, more than I can say Unc.
Brent In MT

#6 Montana

Montana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,632 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

Hey Ron. I'm guessing where that gold came from generally speaking, and I thought I'd better tell you that some of the gold I found in that area was also butt ugly specimens. I didn't know what to do with it so I gave some pieces to Steve (El Dorado) to slice and cab for me . That ugly gold came out beautiful sliced and polished . I'd try that first before smashing it up. Anyway , WTG on the great find old buddy. I miss prospecting with you. It sounds like there may be some new spots cleared up in the Bradshaws. That fire is heading toward some good gold country that was too brushy to hunt before. Go get,em.---Bob

#7 deathray

deathray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

Nice!!!!

#8 Night Stalker

Night Stalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

Congrats, sure would like to get an update when ya get time
Night Stalker

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Please remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you.. JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN SOLIDER. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

#9 Uncle Ron

Uncle Ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yo All ... Here's a few better close ups on the 2.5, 1.8 and .33 ozt. pieces ... Cheers, Unc

Attached Files

Uncle Ron's Gold Claim Maps for 2014 Completely Revised Rich Hill Club Claims Map Just Released!
If you want to cut weeks or months off the time to find your first nugget, look only for those with your name on them!

#10 Gary

Gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hey Cuz,
I believe I would have to take a nitro if I found such a pocket.
You seem to be on the hunt and doing well!
Keep it up and ENJOY!

~LARGO~
Once in a while, a person can go out and detect the find of a lifetime, while others learn the subtle language of their machines, and enjoy a lifetime of finds.

#11 Tom H

Tom H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Yo All ... Here's a few better close ups on the 2.5, 1.8 and .33 ozt. pieces ... Cheers, Unc

Yo Ron:
I do have to admit your babies are butt ugly. But, its still gold :)
Glad you got that stuff...keep geeting it. Thats what keeps us going.
Tom H.

#12 jim straight

jim straight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

Uncle Ron... When I saw "Replying to Gold from the pocket" this got my attention for sure. I'm not asking so do not tell :). However, my thought was one word... "Epithermal." So I opened the thread for a look-see.

I have been chasing epithermal precious metal ore deposits for over 50 years and have caught several of them so I believe your gold is epithermal... If epithermal(?), the source could be a fissure vein associated with a Tertiary Volcanic (Miocene-Pliocene) source such as andsite dacite, trachyte or ryolite If so, listen to Montana.. It could appear "but-ugly" as it was found in a surface gossan at a shallow depth. .

One thought... if you have a coin hunter VLF-type metal detector.. go to the discrimation mode .Air test it as if it was a coin...It could give a conductive "foil" reading or even a pull-tab... Good Luck,,, jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users