Sign in to follow this  
Montana

Gold from the mountains in January

Well , with the Sierras still having almost zero snow even at the 10,000 foot level , prospecting is no problem this year. I got this little bunch of nuggets with the deadly duo, the Gpx 5000 and the Goldbug 2. There are 65 of them for a total of 6 grams. It took 2 days of fairly casual detecting to get them in near perfect 65 degree weather. The nights were cold, with our water jugs freezing at night , but while the sun was up it was great. I,ve been real lazy all winter and should have been out every day , but this retirement thing is finally sinking in. We are finally seeing some rain or snow in the forecast for next week. We really do need some kind of moisture.----Bob

post-102-13266028261_thumb.jpg

Holy kamoly, Bob... That looks like a lot of work ... Mayhaps you should get a sluice or dredge (bandit style) ... Great going on the nugsters ... I got sunburned today ... ;):lol: :lol: Cheers, Unc

Bob,

Nice bunch of color! I see some new fishing gear in the near future. Talk to you soon.

LuckyLundy

Rick. I got down to the river today and got this nice steelhead. 26 Inches of dynamite. One gram of that gold went into the gas tank today.---Bob

post-102-132677690381_thumb.jpg

Rick. I got down to the river today and got this nice steelhead. 26 Inches of dynamite. One gram of that gold went into the gas tank today.---Bob

BOB,YOU GOT THE BEST OF TWO WORLDS. NICE GOLD AN A WHOPPER OF A STEELHEAD. MAUREEN SAYS HI TO BETSY.

HARRY

Ya nice gold and nice fish! Chris is right, looks like the nice weather is over at least for a week. Looks like rain for the next five days.

take care, Wes.

Yup, sure looks like this season at the digs will be ending very soon.

Bob,

Robin, had and early VA Doc Appt and when we drove over the bridge it was 33 degrees and a dozen or more guys wading and casting their lucky lures...I wonder if I seen you freezing out there? Great catch, not many men can fill a poke of gold or catch a fish for dinner, Congrats!

LuckyLundy

That steelhead is delicious. Had about 1/3 of it tonight baked in the oven, vacuum packed and froze the rest. It has been way colder at night down in the valley than up here in the mountains. Some weird kind of inversion all winter. We just had our second freezing night of the winter. It's been a beautiful winter so far , but if we want to fish next year , we have to get some rain or snow this year. The snowplow on the RZR is chomping at the bit. We're ready for it.----Bob

You're well stocked on fish and wood now Bob. Time to turn the attention on stockpiling the gold. Which I notice you arrange as nicely as the wood. I must say though that steelhead I had sure was tasty. If you can't use the RZR on any snow you better get down here in the deserts and put it to use.

Mike

Nice work again Bob. The weather has been good here too. I've snagged about 1/2 oz. of nuggets in the last few weeks and one javelina. Your steelhead is about the same size and better tasting for sure.

Bob,

Nicely done on the gold and the fish--you're a two sport champion now! You're a lucky dog, to boot, to be able to hunt in such nice winter-time weather.

All the best,

Lanny