Uncle Ron

Chris & Steve Old Photo Just Found

Well, I sure hope the forum will let me post this, since I haven't had much luck with other pix...I just scanned this photo of Chris and his dad, Steve that I found in the bottom of a box while cleaning out my garage last week ... Looks like a good time...Cheers, Unc

OK, WELL, YO!!! ... The photo thing isn't working here ... Once again ... Who's minding the store?

Hey Ron, I would love to see that photo. I just tried uploading a picture and am having difficulty also. Joe and I will look into this ASAP and sort out the problem with the hosting company. Hang in there, it shouldn't take too long.

Hey Unc,

I posted a few photos today and so did Mike. I think Joe got the issue solved. If you still have that photo, try it again. If it doesn't work we'll move to Plan B :)

Hey Uncle Ron,

Yep, remember those days too well. Great picture of the two. Just got one of Richard Doherty's old SD2100's back with me now. Customer that purchased a SD2100 from Floyd during the same time we all purchased ours traded it in for a new GPX. Brings back a lot of good memories, when hunting for gold was fun.

Ron,

Wow that is an oldie! Looks like an SD2100, so that probably puts me at about twenty. We hit a nice patch in the background. Nothing real big, but at least 100 little nuggets came from there.

Rob,

You might have actually taken that photo. Remember that spot? Fun times back then, we need a few more spots just like that one. :) I sure miss those guys, especially Richard. Never a dull moment when he was around...I read that you broke your wrist. Sorry to hear that, what a major bummer. I remember those days of being in a cast, I got real good at using a hanger for those hard to reach itches! :P Take care.

Hey Chris,

I could have taken that picture, sure an old one. Both you and your Father look much younger. Not sure of the exact location, but have a good idea. We hit hundreds of washes in that country in the mid 90's. Some real good times and some great gold we all turned up.

The broken wrist sucks, but it's healing and hoping I might be able to make the outing you guys are holding next month.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Howdy Uncle Ron, Chris and Rob... Old Memories for sure. I well remember Richard and Elizabeth Doherty at the early gold shows. Actually it was Richard who put a copy of my early book "Follow the Drywashers" in the box with the GT-16000.

Later when the SD-2000 came out I hunted at "Tungsten" (actually near the lonly cottonwood tree near the old Keystone mine)with "Frugle" Floyd, "Smokey" and Terry T Bone... now one of the highlites of my fading memory.

In the evening there was quite a group at Burns Brothers Truck Stop drinking coffee and swaping tales. Terry "T" Bone was there and often "flashed" the most gold which was bought by eager customers, mostly tourests at more then fair price.

I'm sorry for taking away from the old photo of Chris and his dad Steve. However I really cherish the menories of being able to detect with both Chris and Steve, not only at the Randsburg (Cal) greater area but also at Osceola (Nevada) at Boone Tilfords log cabin site.

I really thank Chris for showing me how to use my 2200d, and his dad, Steve, for comforting me regarding the sad loss of our special son Jimmie. Also Rob, for all of the information he has given me regarding pediments and the GP-extreme. And I will not forget Uncle Ron and hs knowledge fo many things, such as the Goldmaster 3.

Thanks ALL for going down memory lane... old and gentler times. Those on the forums did not (then) need to register and everyone was gentler and more respectful and tolerent of others.

Last... I'm very truly glad the Robs hand is on the mend and that he will be able to join in the outing... May God Bless and keep you all safe and forever friends and enjoying camraderie... Ol' jim straight