Sign in to follow this  
Mike Furness

100% non metalic closeout on Converse Boots

Want some cheap non-metalic boots go to this link: http://www.lapolicegear.com/converse-c9894-desert-boots.html Get-um while they are hot .... best sizes won't last long at this price.

Mike F

Sweet, thanks for the post, I just bought a pair.

I hate those boots, got a set and tried to break them in but had to go back to my Magnum Stealth Force. The Converse are just so uncomfortable and heavy, rather go Cody Lundin out there.

AzOverland ... Sorry they don't work for you ... Everybodies feet are different ... that's why there are so many brands of sneakers, boots and shoes. For example I can't wear Nike sneakers ... the arch is all wrong in the size I wear. I can wear and do wear many different products from New Balance. I posted this sale because I felt those that wanted to could buy at a greatly reduced price. I posted a value only ... what people do with that is up to them ... and in this case what fits their feet.

Mike F

AzOverland ... Sorry they don't work for you ... Everybodies feet are different ... that's why there are so many brands of sneakers, boots and shoes. For example I can't wear Nike sneakers ... the arch is all wrong in the size I wear. I can wear and do wear many different products from New Balance. I posted this sale because I felt those that wanted to could buy at a greatly reduced price. I posted a value only ... what people do with that is up to them ... and in this case what fits their feet.

Mike F

For sure, alot of guys love them...go figure

I hate those boots, got a set and tried to break them in but had to go back to my Magnum Stealth Force. The Converse are just so uncomfortable and heavy, rather go Cody Lundin out there.

Which exact model of Magnum Stealth Force, 100% Non-Metallic boots did you buy: http://www.magnumboots.com/us/boots/ ?

I just recently bought a pair of almost knee high 'rubber boots' that are all non-metallic with real soft insoles. Going to be comfortable for prospecting in the wet.

I've been wearing the Converse zipper side desert boots for years and love them, the soft toe version. The ones on sale are the hard toes. I got a pair of the hard toes last year and they put huge blisters on my feet and are heavy. They sit in the back corner of my closet with only a few miles on them. They also have a totally different sole than the soft toes which doesn't have near the traction. I know that everyones feet are different so some people probably really like them. It's not a lot of money to risk as boots go these days.----Bob

Mike--Ordered a pair---They have a side zipper which is metallic!!!--I returned them today.

My converse side sippers are plastic? Love them and now thanks to sales have a back up pairs for winter(waterproof) and summer (desert boots) Love these boots, guess I have a converse foot

Only the little pull tab thing is metal . The zipper itself is plastic. I have had no problems with that small amount of metal at the top of the boot. Again, I will say that the Composite toe version was very uncomfortable for me but the soft toe version is great. There is a big difference in weight and construction and sole design. I would say that the reason the composite toe boots are so cheap is because they are closing them out because of lack of re-orders.---Bob

I know you guys have had much more experience with boots with zippers etc--but i do find that once in a while the metallic piece does interfere when I am hunting--there are just to many boots around that are totally non metallic. Anyway I'm sending them back.

marc

Good Day All, I have a pair of Converse boots that I ordered thru Sportsmans Guide...no zipper on these, :D very comfortable for my old dogs and made in good old USA, not China where almost all mfg. is under Military Industries.......................Idaho Al

Yo All ... I'm a big fan of Converse boots, but you've got to get the right ones .. I'm ready to get another pair since my soles have worn out and I've taken a few downhill spills in the past couple weeks due to lack of traction ... As usual, the uppers on my boots look damn near brand new ... I have a butt load of boots in my closet that look new, but that have slick no traction soles ...... So, I'm shopping Converse now to see what I might scare up ... I love Converse, generally, but I'm open to anything that keeps me from sliding downhill and busting my butt ... Cheers, Unc

Fred has the right stock number of the best of the best in the converse line. No side zipper, it has a soft toe and great long lasting traction sole. I started this thread to offer a good buy on a close-out boot from converse ... as close-outs go what was offered is a good value for the price. However ... THEY WERE NOT THE TOP OF THE LINE IN THE CONVERSE LINE! Stock number C8896 is in my mind and according to the comfort of my feet after a long day in the field the best of the line. You will pay about $100 give or take for these boots ... and well worth the expense. I can assure you there is NO METAL in these boots.

Mike F

I just bought a pair of the C8896 Converse boots. The best price I found was from Sears.com. They were $91.99 and if ordered on line you recieve a 10% discount and FREE SHIPPING bringing the total to $82.79. There were some cheaper on ebay, but in my opinion ebay is not the place to buy boots. I have been wearing the Converse C8884 for the last many years. This model has been discontinued and re[placed with the C8896. These are really great comfotable and light boots. Another thing I like about Sears online is they offer a 90 day no questions asked return policy. If for whatever reason you don't like them you can return them within 90 days to ANY Sears store for replacement or your money back.

Dave

Driller Dave,

Good tip, I followed you to the sears.com site and had them in 4 days. I couldn't ask for a better fit. The size 9's I got weigh exactly 3 Lbs. The Danner's I've worn for years weigh exactly 4 Lbs so I should be able to jump further or carry more stuff, right?

Only problem I'm having is getting them on and off but it gets easier every day. I'll get some different and longer laces and that will help.