Sign in to follow this  
trinityau

Sniping again...

Hello All, I went out sniping today for a few hours. As I was walking up the trail to my canyon I spied a bunch of geese cooling off down on the river. I went back to couple of crevices I left off on and finished cleaning them out. I ended up with three grams of gold for the effort. This is the same area I found my 12.7 pennyweight piece a while back with the GB Pro. I am going back in tomorrow morning with the 3000 and go over some of the deeper crevices and up the side of the hill. I think it is a pocket in place. I will find out in the morning. Most of the gold I have been getting in this section is almost all the same as far as color, shape, coarseness. The stretch is only about one hundred feet long. All together sniping, detecting and panning I have took about three ounces. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

post-197-0-90451300-1342150638_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-86933100-1342150664_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-56114000-1342150762_thumb.jpeg

post-197-0-88654000-1342150843_thumb.jpeg

Nice Gold! Beautiful spot also! Thanks for sharing. :D

Right on Ray. I love sniping. My son and I hiked in to a spot on the North fork of the American the other day...was having a great time,till we saw planes...then smoke plume behind us...high tailed it out of there, was the beginning of the Robbers fire. Good luck tomorrow. Ray

Nice gold, Ray ... I've been in TC for the past two weeks but had to leave due to a sudden death in the family ... Dodie found her first detected California nugget at one of those spots you gave me the pointy finger to ... Old channel high on top of the ridge ... Damned near killed me walking up there, but it was worth it to see her excitement ... I'm going to post on it later ... Thanks again, Ray ... Cheers, Unc