Will this be a club killer? How much will this affect the Roadrunners, Weaver, Y Not, GPAA?

OTHERWISE KNOW AS "THE SQUEEZE"

SO THE FEDS ARE SAYING A COMMON 160 ACRE CLAIM WAS 140 BUCKS A YEAR

NOW DIVIDE 20 INTO 160 AND WHALLA MULTIPLY TIMES 140 8 X 140 = $1120.00 PER YEAR INSTEAD.

WELL HELL THAT SURE SOUNDS FAIR TO ME FOR A COST OF LIVING ADJUSTMENT. :blink: :blink: :blink:

This is a good thing for prospectors as it will free up some ground. You can still file a small miners waiver if you have 10 or less claims, so it doesn't affect the small miner too much. Cost would be $80 on a 160acre claim under the small miners exemption. If you need more than 200 acres your probably gettin greedy.

It sounds like this could really change things in the claiming world. I will also bet that people get real good at filing the "small miners waiver". It will be interesting to see how this will all play out. I have heard of one club that is talking about paring down their claims to have just the better acreage. I am also sure this will drive up the cost of club membership.

Bunk

This is a good thing for prospectors as it will free up some ground. You can still file a small miners waiver if you have 10 or less claims, so it doesn't affect the small miner too much. Cost would be $80 on a 160acre claim under the small miners exemption. If you need more than 200 acres your probably gettin greedy.

Thats the way I see it wes, it just may open up more ground. There a few local guys in Arizona that love to claim many square miles only in hopes to sell them. They have transfered them to cousins aunts , pets etc... but this may change things.

The last Roadrunner newsletter made mention of fees going up , and trimming down some claims I believe.

Ever since 1776, someone in our gov. has been looking for a legal wayto screw you, me and everyone else. They have found many!,this is just another one to add too the list. Its growing, until the next revelution! Grubstake

Ever since 1776, someone in our gov. has been looking for a legal wayto screw you, me and everyone else. They have found many!,this is just another one to add too the list. Its growing, until the next revelution! Grubstake

Agreed the corrupt politicians are always looking to stick that knife in your back

Good Morning,

Can someone help me understand the "small miners exemption" and the reduction in filing fees? I am part owner in an association claim of 160 acres and I file a Maintenance Fee Payment Waiver Certification by Sept. 1st and an Affidavit Of Labor by Dec. 1st and our fee is $10.00 for the claim. In the event that we did not "work" our claim we would have to pay $140.00 per 20 acres of the 160 acres or $1120.00. So, again, if we did not "work" our claim how would the "small miners exemption" save us from the full cost of the new fees?

Thanks for your information.

Bugler