Sign in to follow this  
wdu

1st morning at Rich Hill

My father and I spent the morning out on Weaver Mining Claims. Detected for about 4 hrs. We found several bullets, lead and pieces of trash. We are using a Ml 4500 and Ml Eureka Gold. Cant wait for tomorrow.

Bill

Hope you find a nice keeper and your dad, one a bit bigger! Glad you could finally get out, but for how long?

Shep

Bill ... Hope to be able to get out and see you guys on Friday. I'll try to get down to the motel around 8 AM or if you plan to go out ealier just leave a note on your door as to where you went. Mike F

Dave: Gotta start somewhere. Weaver seems to have alot of areas.

Hi Shep. Yep finally made it. I would like to find a nugget but I think I would like a million times more if my father found one.

Mike: Looking forward to it. We will wait at the hotel.

Went out for our second day and found enough nails wire and pieces of tin to start a hardward store.

Had a great time though.

Bill

Good luck to you and your dad out there :)

I hunt with my dad also. Will you be coming to one of the outings Chris holds? Its a great time out.

If your finding the trash....you will hit the yellow if its under your coil :)

Dont loose heart....just keep at it and the law of averages will dwindle down until you get a nug.

Info/note...I went 6 months before I saw anything yellow...just keep at it.

Tom H.

Tom: I would like to make 1 of the outings. Just along way from home. If I would have known about the one in Nov. earlier I would have changed the dates for us to come out.

Thanks alot cop614.

Went out for out 3rd day at Rich Hill. Spent the day hunting with my father and Mike Furness. No gold was found but friendship was. Mike we had a great time and appreciated the tips. On the way iut I had a flat tire and Mike nearly changed it by himself. Thanks again. We went back out after supper and played in the dirt until just before dark, still no gold. But we did find a rattlesnake about 40" long. We may not be finding gold but we are sure cleaning the trash out. Will be back out in the morning. We will be here thru Monday, if anyone wants to come out we would enjoy the company.

Bill

Tom: I would like to make 1 of the outings. Just along way from home. If I would have known about the one in Nov. earlier I would have changed the dates for us to come out.

Thanks alot cop614.

Went out for out 3rd day at Rich Hill. Spent the day hunting with my father and Mike Furness. No gold was found but friendship was. Mike we had a great time and appreciated the tips. On the way iut I had a flat tire and Mike nearly changed it by himself. Thanks again. We went back out after supper and played in the dirt until just before dark, still no gold. But we did find a rattlesnake about 40" long. We may not be finding gold but we are sure cleaning the trash out. Will be back out in the morning. We will be here thru Monday, if anyone wants to come out we would enjoy the company.

Bill

DOH!!! I passed you guys!!! I was out there today hunting also.

I was in the little green 4runner. You were just at the base of Rich hill heading out.

Dang...wish I knew it was you...would have stopped.

If your hunting rich hill....stick to the sides and jam your coil inbetween the bolders. There have been some good rains/floods in that area in the last few months so things have been renewed. Look for red dirt and hunt those areas.

Good luck in the future. Keep a eye out for the outing and mabee you can make one.

Tom H.

Yep, That was us. Gotta fix that flat before heading back out this morning. Thanks for the tip.

We will be watching for outing dates.

Bill

Bill and Jim ... Wanted to also thank you guys for a great day ... but need to do a little correction on the flat tire. I was just the jack man ... you turned the nuts and did the heavy lifting while Dad(Jim) did the wheel chocking with the rocks. Never fun to change a tire especially on a slope but easier when all pitch in and help. Oh and before I forget my manners again I don't think I thanked you guys for breakfast so "Thank You!" Hope you guys have some luck in the next few days.

Mike F

Mike we had a great time. Your welcome for the breakfast, and you are right. A slope

is a scary place ti chance a tire.

Finished another day at rich hill. Day 4. Made it to an area I had been wanting to go to.

It was really rugged with lots of big rocks. Didnt find any gold and only 2 pieces of lead.

My father found a BB down between to large rocks. Not much trash to haul out. I alao

found a clay bowl looks to have been around 10"diameter. It was between a large rock

that had split. Looks like it had fallen inside the crack and broke with one half sliding

over the other half and was almost burried under the dirt. The entire area was full of

brush (which I was detecting under ). There are black stains like fire burns in the clay

and the bowl seems to be about 1/4" thick. Pretty neat find. I would like to think it was

an old native cooking bowl but not sure. Thats how the day ended, looking forward to

another great day tomorrow.

Bill

Good luck tomorrow ... I feel gold is coming your way tomorrow! Go get it! Mike

Finished day 5. My fathers legs are sore from the climbing but he says he feels good. He hasnt had this much

exercise daily, in years. No gold again but we are still doing our part in cleaning the countryside.

And having a great time while doing it.

Will be back out tomorrow for our last day hopefully we will find some yellow stuff. But if nit theres always next year.

Bill

Good luck today bill and Jim ... hope you find that ellusive golden rock!

Mike F

Well we ended our last day at rich hill. We didnt find any gold but had a great vacation.

We are planing to come back around March. Hopefully there will he an outing going on.

Everyone should have more luck now, Im sure we put a dent in the amount of trash here.

Bill

Bill and Jim ... safe trip home ... see you again in March for another hunt. Mike F

Arrived home safe. Mike we will be looking forward to it.

Bill