Mike Furness

What's the Earth Worth on History Channel October 25th

This past Spring a few of us from the AZO family participated in a filming session down at Rich Hill describing Gold and Gold recovery. A lot of emphasis was on metal detecting with a smattering of the other methods. Chris Gholson, Steve Gholson and Calvin 'Bunk' Bunker had talking parts, I was the transportation with cameras mounted on my RZR, and others such as Terry Soloman who actually arranged for the film crew were involved as well. According to the message I got this morning in my email it will air on the History Channel this Thursday October 25 at 9PM EST/PST. I strongly suggest you check your local listings for that day for the exact time in your area. and if you have the ability to record it so you don't blow off the time like I do sometimes. I think it should be a good show with some local charactors at a place we all know pretty well. Hope you enjoy it. It was a lot of fun seeing how a project like this is produced and meeting some of the characters doing the filming. The English film crew was a lot of fun and they made us all feel at ease in front of the camera. Especially for a couple of us who are usually on the camera end rather than having a lens pointed at us.

I just looked on my Direct TV schedule and found that here in AZ the program airs 6PM to 8PM on channel 269. Hope that helps those of you in AZ who have Direct TV ... I set my TV to record just in case.

Mike F

Sounds like it will be worth watching mike , not only for the information that the show will provide but to be able to see you charactors in your natural enviroment .

Terry ... Which side is that!? :rolleyes: Sorry I couldn't resist Terry ... the openning was too big! :) You should know better than to do that with me! :ph34r: Still friends!? ;):P

Mike F

Terry ... Which side is that!? :rolleyes: Sorry I couldn't resist Terry ... the openning was too big! :) You should know better than to do that with me! :ph34r: Still friends!? ;):P

Mike F

LOL my friend! :D I hope to see you guys soon!

It was an honor for myself (and AZO) to be a part of this production. I think it will be a fascinating program and can't wait to see the finished product!

post-28-0-59344900-1350944456_thumb.jpg

Wow! Chris stole the show - Congratulations Buddy! I guess the rest of us just weren't good looking enough to make it past the "Hero Shot!" :lol:

post-36256-0-31226600-1351218261_thumb.jpg

Interesting show but I think they could have made it much more interesting to do a separate show on each segment and stretch it out over a few weeks. JMHO of course!

Mike F

I thought they did a great job with the show. It was very informative, but I do agree and wish they would have shown a little more prospecting footage.

Hey Chris,

I haven't seen it yet, but talked with several guys that watched it Friday night. I also ran into Bunk Saturday evening and he mentioned it. Ya, I heard you stole the show, :D but then again you're a natural and the passion can be heard and seen when you talk.

Congrats!

Rob Allison

I recorded it and finally got time to watch it Saturday night ... Very interesting show ... The gold part was especially cool, and Chris did a great job ... But I do think those awesome nuggets are worth more than $10,000! ... The rest of the show was interesting, but I think they got their facts wrong about many things, especially their allegation that 90% of all the gold has been found ... I think they got their numbers reversed! .. Cheers, Unc

I recorded it and finally got time to watch it Saturday night ... Very interesting show ... The gold part was especially cool, and Chris did a great job ... But I do think those awesome nuggets are worth more than $10,000! ... The rest of the show was interesting, but I think they got their facts wrong about many things, especially their allegation that 90% of all the gold has been found ... I think they got their numbers reversed! .. Cheers, Unc

Unc,

I noticed the same factoid screwup as you.

-C

I only watched the gold portion of the broadcast...nice job and congrats, Chris G. and company, BTW...does anyone know what the final price tag was on the earth?

Nevermind, I found it: according to their calculation, our earth is worth $6,873,951,620,979,800, or nearly six point nine quadrillion dollars...mind boggling!