Sign in to follow this  
Mitchel

Most recent Beach Finds

Great finds Mitchel! Love the Big Earring!

Terry, as I look at your avatar and wondering whats missing I'm thinking...yep, big earrings!! :P

Mitchel...keep plugging away, that gold ring is right around the corner buddy.

Bucket,

Terry has lots of jewels and only shows us a few of them!

Did you see my 12 g platinum? And, I have more gold pieces from the beach than I do from the desert. I can read a beach but not a desert for good places.

Mitchel

Terry, as I look at your avatar and wondering whats missing I'm thinking...yep, big earrings!! :P

Mitchel...keep plugging away, that gold ring is right around the corner buddy.

What? You don't like my buttoned-down 1990s Manhattan look? :D

post-36256-0-35360300-1355617053_thumb.jpg

Donkey scheet? ;):rolleyes:

A beard looks horrible on me ... at least in my opinion. That picture of me is only about a year old and was taken in the AZO office in front of Chris G's bragging wall. The background picture to the right of my headshot is one of Chris detecting in Australia. It's just me ... the way me is ... sorry but no beard for this ole fart! :)

Mike F

Mitchel...Mike's workin the Rush Limbaugh look, very debonaire :D That shot might have been taken at the E.I.B. studio's :lol:

What? You don't like my buttoned-down 1990s Manhattan look? :D

post-36256-0-35360300-1355617053_thumb.jpg

That look is timeless Terry!!

Well Mitch atleast you got a decent looking pocket knife outta the deal...and a practicaly mint condition android phone...(Can you here me now?)!! :lol:

Yea, the beaches around here aren't very giving either, so I just call it a good practice session and I feel better about it.

I might give it a try here in San Diego once these storms move on but it's been real cold and raining nonstop.

Bucket,

I just stick with it and some days are better than others. Tonight the waves were high, the beaches were bare but I found a bag up on the beach with some interesting items. I'm going to put those pics up in relics because there are some odd items which are really beachy ... I went to 3 beaches to get this and the little pendant was 24 inches deep but a fake

post-38307-0-97500400-1355899792_thumb.jpg

post-38307-0-97313400-1355899867_thumb.jpg

Yea I saw that bag of goodies over at Bills place and spent alot of time pondering your question...salesmans bag or kids toys and thought to myself...both are good answers, I just couldn't tell. Let me know Mitch if you ever find the answer!

Bucket,

I asked some friends of mine about the little tools and to my surprise I have a photographer friend who has a collection of 130 anvils. I'm going to go by his studio one of these days after I go to Franconia tomorrow.

Today was not much of a beach day but I'll put up the pic anyway. Good days to follow.

It reminds me of a day I went out and someone asked me if I found much and I told them 'I only found a fork but it was a substantial fork!' He was a fireman and he said I like your attitude.

Keep it swinging and remember GOLD is close to GOD!

Mitchel

post-38307-0-13647800-1356580396_thumb.jpg

Amen to that brother Mitch!! It's hard to cover a 1/2 mile of beach without a good attitude! Let me know if your friend comes up with anything on the little tools.

Very cool finds indeed.

I've been hitting the beach alot lately as well, between my Nugget hunting endeavors.

I'm only 30 mins from the coast so it's easy to run down for a quick swing.

And Gold is Gold, weather in the shape of a nugget or the shape of a ring.

I went last Sunday evening for about 3 hours.

I'm changing my name to "Trash Man" LOL.

But feel good that I cleaned up a bit too.

Lots of Bobbi Pins for me too...go figure

Cheers

G

post-76131-0-62302200-1433369991_thumb.jpg

post-76131-0-23436700-1433369994_thumb.jpg

Mitchel, it looks like you are having lots of fun ridding those beaches of that trash, I'm sure you will find some thing that rivals your signature nugget. Keep up the good work.

Norm

Norm,

The beach is half a mile away from my apartment. I wish it was that close to a nugget patch but ...

I have been out getting the trash but as they say that is where you find the good stuff also.

These are some of my latest finds which includes gold and silver ... more gold than I found in Alaska!

When it gets cooler I want more nuggets.

Mitchel

post-38307-0-73811900-1440462783_thumb.jpg