I hear all of you talk so much about this book "Zip Zip" by Larry Sallee that i knew i had to have a copy..... well it took a while to find one cheap enough within my budget and got this off ebay for $65 + ship.

I noticed there was two different ones by the same author so i hope i got the right one.

It's a large spiral bound book with 277 pages so will take a while to read. If anyone has a special favorite spot to jump to i would be happy for any info on that.

Really Happy to find this :rolleyes:

Joe

post-38835-0-16482400-1355021685_thumb.jpg

joseph... Larry wrote two revisions of his first book. You have the latest revision. Larry wrote a GREAT

book. I'm proud that he included 'dear Ol' me' in both revisions... We are friends. Sue told me the last time

we exchanged phone calls that Larry is doing Great and enjoying getting out in the wilds. Actually you got

a good deal in buying it... They are selling for over $100.

Jim..... Thanks for that firsthand update and it's really cool that you personally knew this family. can't wait to see you mentioned in there and really glad to hear i got a good deal. I'm really excited to have it.

Joe

I can't believe those books are going for that much! I'll have to go through my collection and see if I have any extras. I used to give them away with every Goldmaster purchased. BTW Jim, they got married up here in the Alpha hydraulic diggings and I was their photographer for the wedding. I haven't talked to either in quite some time, hope they are doing well.

Digger Bob

Howdy Bob... Jimmy wanted a few copies of Larry's lated edition. As Straight's book sales I was contacted by

Sue and could print the asked fie 300 copies and at great price if Sue was willing to stop by Fontana as she

was frequenty driving up that way on her way up to visit her relatives in northern California. [As you know Sue

worked for Jimmy before she married Larry and was quite an acomplished detectorist on her own].

However Larry was having a great time in his retirement and didn't want to print more and Sue was involved

with other stuff in northern California. Back at the time Larry's latest book was selling on the various websites

for over $100 and his books were hot items.

Haw hah Bob, I had a fullset of Larrys editions. Gave the one away but still have three... One is personally

autographed by Larry (1-11-97 at a GPAA Gold Show). Larry's books and articles as published in W&E magazine

are unique and GREAT as they are not only written is style but the chapters on the pysical and mental aspects

also. Also all of the brief tips and information in the "Ask the Pros" really shows that Larry is willing to give every

one else a kind plug. And all of them have also been willing to help others to become more successful. This is

Larry... And my world has been enriched by knowing of Both Larry and Sue and many of the pros in his books...

I just got thru reading Larry's book and have to say it's the best read on detectors that i've ever read...... just starting to read it thru for a second time now as there's just so much information to absorb and ways to set your detector that i just didn't think of.....

Joe

ps.... i was contacted by others on ebay where i bought it and asked if i wanted to sell it when i was done reading it...... no way! Reading it over and over will be a big help to me,That book will be with me forever.

Wow, that's amazing those books are going for that price! I've got the original and the advanced book around here someplace in my prospecting and mining library ... Really great books! I'd think anyone who has one would want to keep them for their collection ... Cheers, Unc

Uncle Ron,

I agree and mine are going to be kept in my library.

I am going to pm you as i need to ask you a question about your maps and will be signed Joe Z

thanks

I know Larry and Sue real well we have done a lot of hunting together. I have three of his books, one first edition and two of his last editions signed by Larry. I learned a lot from Larry and Sue. I even got a Bone and Crocket Ram with his help. I had no idea that his books go for so much.

I know Larry and Sue real well we have done a lot of hunting together. I have three of his books, one first edition and two of his last editions signed by Larry. I learned a lot from Larry and Sue. I even got a Bone and Crocket Ram with his help. I had no idea that his books go for so much.

I wish i had the chance to hunt with them..... Really a great book and i learned so much and now reading it a second time thru...... after that a third.... Just for the heck of it Google his book with his name and you'll be really shocked at the prices that book is getting.

Joe