Mike Furness

Liking a seemingly new trend

Hey Folks ... seems there has been a trend lately to post actual photos of the forum members in the avitars rather than a symbol or caricature of some sort. I really like the trend and here's why: I meet a lot of folks out in the field ... some of them know me by name ... I have posted my mug shot in my avitar for years ... I'm at a loss as to who I am talking to most times as it usually is a first contact ... I would love to know who I am talking to when we first meet. my problem sometimes is that I remember a face almost indefinitely but have to struggle with a name at first even when I do recognize the face ... call it advancing age if you will! :) In addition even if you don't use your real name as your forum name at least there is a connection if you post your real image as an avitar. For example ... hope you don't mind me 'using' you Ray ... "trinityau" has his mug shot as his avitar and then signs off many times as "trinityau/Ray Mills". Now I have never met Ray personally but have had PM's and replied to posts of his and therefore have made a connection and think that when we do meet we will have a lot more in common to talk about and will be more open to talk gold to each other than we would if we just stumbled onto a "total stranger" in the field. I understand and respect those who prefer to be posting privately and somewhat annonimously but as our family of forum members grows and hopefully interacts for the common good it would be nice to be able to put a name to a face ... even a forum name to a face. Just my opinion but thought I would share the thought as it has been on my mind for awhile.

That being said I wish all a Happy New Year and a prosperous gold year!

Mike F

Had mine on here, but it disappeared long time ago, put it back on tonight. Everyone when down and out, needs to see a pretty face to inspire and uplift them, here I am!

Hey Ray ... Sorry forgot to warn ya about Frank C ... Ever since he found his dracula teeth at Q earlier this year he just hasn't been himself! :) :)

Shep ... Always knew you'd be the cock of the walk! By any chance did you find oil in yer back yard and head to Beverly Hills?

Deathray ... Man you got on the wrong end of that ray gun with that first pic ... a face even a mother would have to think twice about :huh: ... Geez man those stitch marks across the nose indicate a nasty slide across that sheet metal ... bet that sucker bled a bit.

Glad you guys are having fun with this ... I know I am with your responses! Shows the real characters we have on this forum!!! :rolleyes::D

Mike F

Mike.............thats why I always just say "hey bud...how you doing"

:)

Im horrible with names also.

Tom H.

P.S....my avatar is kind of a far away shot....I dont want to see my ugly mug everytime I post :P

Don't blame you Tom ... I'd feel the same way with a mug like that! LOL Seriously we all seem to be a little self critical about our appearance in a photo ... just remember that it isn't the outward appearance that really counts ... it is what is inside that really matters and makes the man!

Mike F

OK I'll play, besides I look better than my 1/2 pound slug anyway!

I've seen that smiling mug shot some place before ... Let me see ... Was it on a milk carton? ... Naw that was for kid's ... A Wheaties box? ... Naw not really a professional sports figure ... OH Ya ... I rmember now it was in the Post Office ... Yup that's where it was ... a poster for the #1 Most Wanted .... #1 Most Wanted successful jeweler/gold smith/gold prospector ... And you thought I was going to say something else didn't you! ;):rolleyes::P

Mike F

I never rember names tell been around someone for a wile . Got some advice from Ray the other day looking forward to meeting him i live just down the road from him . I would like someday to meet some of the people on hear want to get down to the big Q some time too its ways from Shasta county for me . mike i read yours and all post most everyday seams like i know most of you all ready .

Charlie

beatup ... No worse than mine my friend ... you headed this way sometime this winter? ... Been awhile since we had a hunt together!

Mike F

Alright Mike,

I changed my profile pic. This is a pic taken just after I found my first gold nugget with the GPX 5000. Happy New Year everybody! May all the future days be golden for y'all!

More Au to you, Robert :)

Mike i am shooting to come down your way in february, things have been very busy up here the past two years will give you a call when i can.

Beatup.

OK ... I'll be driving from CO to AZ Wednesday from about 8 AM MST to about 10 PM MST ... some of that time I will have cell serice and some not. From Thursday on I should have cell service all the time. Talk to you soon.

Mike F

Hi Mike

Ya I hear you I'll try to come up with a mug shot of myself . Would like to meet up with you next month and find some yellow with the GPX 4500 i bought from you. Also need to test out that pic you gave me and again many thanks your awsom. . Talk soon Rick.

Come on out here Rick ... Too cold in Maine right now to do any prospecting ... believe me I know and remember ... and probably a bit of snow cover too! Let me know when you're heading this way.

Mike F

Can you believe this guy? A full head of hair...and he probably dyes it grey so the rest of us don't feel so bad.... :P That's good livin Frankie!! Keep up the good work!

post-37253-0-26524600-1357799562.jpg