Sign in to follow this  
trinityau

Do these count...?

Hello all, I got out today with a friend and hit an area that has been detected over and over by many people. After our walk down the creek and up the hill we started to detect. I picked up several pieces of tiny BB's at a few inches, but no gold. After about an hour we moved to another gully that had washed pretty good with the last rain. I heard the smaller piece within a few minutes. This tiny piece was about three inches down in a wedge of bedrock. I used my pocketknife and small pick to get the rock open enough to get the piece out into the open. We hunted for a bit and moved on again. The next place was series of small draws with lots of bedrock. I turned the GB Pro on and the first target I heard was the larger piece. It was setting in a small dip on the surface of a big flat area of bedrock. All I had to do with this one was carefully pinch the moss and remove it to expose the gold. That was it for the day. Not much but they all fill up the poke so I guess they count. Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

post-197-0-32126500-1358310573_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-72827500-1358310578_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-86857800-1358310580_thumb.jpg

Of course they count ... as they say "gold is gold" ... good work.!

Mike F

All gold counts!

At least you are not frozen and snow covered.

The Pro I got for Christmas hasn't seen thawed ground yet!

Sweet finds Ray - Congrats!!

Ray i could count those for hours way to go! My first detec nug in 92 alaska was that size and it sure counted.Found it with a ML 1800, I then barrowed a gold bug with 6in coil and got 68 more many in that size range.I gave the owner of the bug his 10%,7 pcs i even found his biggest in his dig site for him half grammer.HE didn't know how to run his GB,said he didn't like that beep,beep stuff.One thing for sure the gold bugs can fined those little guys good and they all count..Good Huntn Kelly

They count.! When I make it to Arizona, any of those little ones will work!