post-46604-0-44865400-1386649730_thumb.jpgFirst its time to apply for elk, antalope hunts deadline 12 feb. i got this buck a few years ago late archary . I was tarrgeting a throphy couse deer .At a nearby tank, my camera was getting pics of barbwire. Last day of season he was dew in, so i moved my stand got set up by ten.He always showed up between 11:30 & 1:30 about 1:00 i was begining to think he not going to show.THen here he come. The wind was gusting real bad,thats what i blame the first arrow missn on.He just lifted his head like he heard it stick in the mud next to him.He took a step forward and qaurterd more to me went back to drinkn.The second arrow hit home perfect. he went 10yards layed down gone in 30sec. good luck on the draw all Kellypost-46604-0-01718600-1360033253_thumb.jpg post-46604-0-02008900-1386649776_thumb.jpg that's barbwire before I got him post-46604-0-69096000-1386650049_thumb.jpg

Very cool buck! 10 or so years ago we chased a bull elk that had a mess of barbed wire tangled in his antlers, would have loved to complete the story like you did with your success. Looks like you were still shooting aluminum arrows at the time, have you switched to carbons or are you still shooting aluminums? I was leery when I switched to them a few years back but like the new carbon/aluminum hybrids available now.

Congrats!

Ya Joe still flingn alums,i havn't been draw for so long a doz lasts me for years,Itried to post a close up of head but i got the same pic twice sorry Kelly [PS.] i ran into a 4x4 elk,he had a large orange banner wrapped around his head like a turbin ,the end hung down along his neck to his knee.We had a stand off at 14yrds, i think he knew i had a cow tag.

Kelly that buck sure must have had a hard fight with that barbed wire fence ... glad he won and was well enough for you to harvest him. Fortunately had you not shot him he would have probably survived quite well as his antlers would be gone ... and the wire along with it ... sometime in January.

Belated congrats on that deer ... Somehow I missed the first go round on it.

Mike F

I left the wire on and was going to mount just the antelers but haven't got to it yet.It must of been a gate he got hung in by the loops that were around posts of some kind,on the left side the wire is twisted tight to inch thick thats were it broke off.He was skinny not a ounce of fat and had ticks and bot fly's sad shape.he was tuff and stringy to eat.I think he must have been hung up for sometime and it took alot out of him.I had seen him in august with seven other bucks,he was the biggest but there was two 4x4's that were nice also, he didn't have the wire then.