Sign in to follow this  
Bunk

Treasure in the news

A hunting buddy of mine just left California to go look for this in New Mexico. I'm betting he will be joined by thousands of others looking for this "Lost Dutchman" treasure.

Digger Bob

You know, i'll bet there are treasures like that buried around areas near all of us.

Many miners, farmers and ranchers did not trust banks and died without telling where their stashes were.

I found a small one once that had 3 large nuggets, a gold ring and a half of dozen coins dated before 1843(no gold coins though, darn)

This treasure has had lots of folks looking the last 3 years, many have made the trek numerous times. I have read the poem many times and still can't make heads or tails about it. I think one really has to know the area in order to even have a chance, but it would still be fun looking for it.

And if you found it would you tell the world so the IRS could get there share. I think many treasures have been found and not reported for this very reason.

Very cool story, I hadn't heard about it. If I have a chest full of gold when I am his age, maybe I will do the same thing :) . Thanks for sharing!

Howdy Y'all. I have spent time in Northern NM although I was raised in the Eastern part. The clues have given me a fair idea for a possible area but there are probably many other areas just as promising. I may have to go take a peek one of these days. Beautiful country but I ain't a spry as I used to be. Fenn stated it was hidden above 5000 feet so my COPD ain't gonna help. If i did find it I think I would take enough to get me and the wife by and and insure college for this three year old grand daughter I am raising. I would rehide the rest and tell the grown grandkids their inheritance is still out there so get off their butt and go find it.

North of Santa Fe in the Rockies. Could be as far a Yellow Stone. Look at what happen to the women who took 2 small sticks out. If it is there big time trouble to touch it. Also anyone ever look the work blaze up in the dictionary? May not be what you think. If it is real it maybe there a long time.