DOC

Gold Basin Dink with GPX5000 and NF 9 X 14 03/01/2013

Well I started March off on the right foot. I had two GPX5000 customers I had to train on March 1, but around 1 pm they were pooped, and decided to call it quits. I decided to go back to the very first place Hoss Blackman ever took me. I found a nugget that day, about 20 years ago, but it was one that Hoss had planted for me. I have gone back to that same place numerous times and found plenty of nuggets myself since that time. As the years have passed, the area has become very well known and it has been beat to death with detectors and dry washing. However, as a tribute to Hoss I thought I would go back there just for the heck of it. I tell you, these new GPX5000's are very deceiving. Back when we used to use SD2100's and SD2200's when you got a nugget that would scream you probably had a 1/4 ounce piece. Now even little dinks scream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udL3xksS9Gk&feature=share&list=UU9excX6It0zmVqf3QaoDgTw

Thanks for the memories Doc. Hoss was an insperation to many including me umteen years back, and of course you for showing me the area of Gold Basin. Remember Hoss's 1st video crude as it was I still have it along with his book of poems. Last I saw Hoss befor he passed he was buying groceries and had a steak for himself and also bought one for his dog. Lot of good time spent with him.

Allen

Hi Doc, It's good to see you out and about! What a great suspense packed video!

I know how exciting it is to find that gold, and how easy it is to get a little rusty at

smoothly recovering that gravity loving metal.

The mention of Hoss Blackman brought fond memories of that man, and the chance meeting of him, Allen, and others,

out at the Basin, back in the 90's.

It is out there I found first gold nugget with a Minelab XT18000, brand new, right out of the box.

Have a great day Doc!

Gary / Largo

Yep, didn't used to be so suspenseful, if it was a little piece of gold it sounded like a little piece of gold. Now with these new fandangled Minelabs, it's sort of hard to miss a nugget if you get over it, unless you are just too lazy to bend over and dig it up.

Nice to know you are still out there banging around Gary.

Doc

Hi Doc, It's good to see you out and about! What a great suspense packed video!

I know how exciting it is to find that gold, and how easy it is to get a little rusty at

smoothly recovering that gravity loving metal.

The mention of Hoss Blackman brought fond memories of that man, and the chance meeting of him, Allen, and others,

out at the Basin, back in the 90's.

It is out there I found first gold nugget with a Minelab XT18000, brand new, right out of the box.

Have a great day Doc!

Gary / Largo