Ray ... A little closer please ... my old eyes you know! :) Great pics!

Good pics Ray. When my kids where young, we where fishing at Hogan lake early springtime. I kept telling them to watch where they step, look out for rattlers. My daughter says" you mean like the one you just stepped over?" Haha, sure enough, little guy like yours coiled up.

That's a good looking snake if there is such a thing,beautiful markings way to keep an eye out Ray.Great pic.>>>KELLY

Great pics Ray. Really pretty snake, especially against the moss. I haven't seen any rattlers myself this year, but I don't doubt it will be long.

I found a 12" one last spring on my front porch inside of an empty 2 1/2' tall flower pot. Never did figure out how it managed to get in there. They are sure pretty in their new spring clothes.

Ray,

I found a newborn rattler about 8" long one November on top of 3" of fresh snow one time!!

This was just north of Redding by Shasta lake.

Why it was there, I don't know. But, it was alive!

Nice Pic's Ray. Much more fun to see them in a picture than suddenly next to your dig hole.

Very cool pics Ray! A little tough to tell that young but that's a Prarie Rattler judging by the lack of banding on the tail and the prominent black bar on the side of his face. I've only seen a few of those in Az, mainly while antelope hunting in the northern areas.