Sign in to follow this  
nugget7

Man Saves His Life With Snake Bite Kit

If he can see the venom coming out, than it’s got to work. The venom starts circulating with the first heart beat, so it has got to be applied quickly. This is only the second time I’ve read about this kit actually being used. There’s so much out there that say that they work and so much out there that says they don’t work. At the very least, it won’t do any harm. Most of us are probably at least an hour away from medical care when out prospecting, so this kit could be better than nothing.

I've read and heard both sides of this on these kits too. I'm thinking I'll pick one up just in case. Maybe get two one for home and one on the RZR. We've had westerns in our front yard, so a home kit may be a good idea.

Mike

Grubstake, The beauty of these new kits is there is NO cutting. it's VERY strong suction that takes the venom out from the bite itself.

Personally, I used this kit when I was stung by a scorpion on the calf of my leg. Because the cups that you put on the end, are clear, I could actually see a drop of yellow liquid come out from the bite. The kit itself is just a little bigger than a pack of cigarettes, and I'm certain you may not get the majority of the venom out, you'll certainly get a good amount. So, I just believe the effects will be much less than doing nothing while heading to the hospital!

Another thing about these kits is they work the opposite of how you think they would. As you know with a hypodermic syringe, in order to create suction you need to pull the plunger out. Which mean you are pulling in the opposite direction the the pressure you need to hold the syringe against the skin. So you are holding the syringe down with one hand, and trying to pull the plunger out with the other to create suction. THESE KITS thankfully, do not work this way.

The syringes in these kits are totally different. You can operate one handed because while holding the syringe down against the skin you ALSO PUSH the Plunger DOWN and it creates suction. So it makes it extremely easy to use. The suction it creates is really really strong. If you ever need to pop someone's eyeball out, this will do it in a heart beat. Gross, I can't believe that just popped into my brain.

Doc

I brought one of these kits 4 years ago at Bass Pro Shop. I shopped around for a couple of months looking at other brands and though this kit was by far the best Snake Bite Kit out on the market. I do a lot of prospecting ( all most awalys by myself) in the deserts of Southern California and Arizona and trust me, I have seen more than my share of these critters slithering around just waiting to "Chomp" on some unsuspecting prospector. I prey to our God everytime that I venture out into the wilderness that I do not have to use my kit. But I very glad that I know if that situation should happen, I am prepaired with one of the best Snake Bit Kits you can have.