Chris Gholson

Helping Families of the Yarnell Hill Fire Tragedy

Supporting the Yarnell Hill Fire Victims

Hi Everyone,

It is with a heavy heart that I type these words. As many of you have already heard, the wildfire that erupted near Yarnell, AZ has gone down as one of the deadliest for firefighters in US history. The fire which was sparked by a lightning strike on Friday quickly grew as it chewed up the dry brush and shrubs in the area. On Sunday the fire took a turn for the worse and my family and I listened in stunned silence as the news confirmed the deaths of 19 firefighters. These were all young men and part of the elite Hotshot crew that are dropped in on the front lines to battle the fire with shovel and axe. This is a horrible tragedy not only for Arizona, but the entire country. Most of them had just returned from fighting the Doce fire. These young men died trying to save the nearby town of Yarnell, which sits atop the mountain above Stanton & Rich Hill. Many of them were just in their 20’s, and it breaks my heart to think of the families that lost their husband, father or son to this terrible disaster.

This tragedy really hits close to home for us. The men that died this past Sunday were fellow neighbors who lived and worked in our small community. The families are undoubtedly going to go through some rough times, which is why Arizona Outback has started an account called the: Yarnell Fire Victim Relief. This account which is hosted through Wells Fargo has been set up to accept donations. All monies received will be sent directly to the families whose loved ones perished in the fire. I will be handling the entire project myself, so you can be assured the money will reach its intended destination. All funds will be transferred to the victims at the end of the month. Thus far we have already collected several hundred dollars from fellow prospectors. We appreciate the generosity and no amount is too small. I will have more information coming soon. In the meantime, below are the banking details if you should decide to send a donation to help these families. Thank you again everyone for your continued support and prayers!

Yarnell Fire Victim Relief

Wells Fargo Bank

Account #: 7273356449

Routing #: 122105278

post-28-0-84635800-1372722757_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-98213300-1372722766_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-77753000-1372722772_thumb.jpg

Chris I will be sending a donation in the am to the fund. Ok to send to your Prescott address? Our thoughts and prayers go out to these men's family's and their souls. When tragedies like this happen it puts everything into perspective. Arthur & cheree.

Hi Arthur & Cheree,

Your donation is certainly appreciated. Yes, you can send the check to me and I will deposit it into the account.

If anyone else would like to send a check, please make it payable to: Yarnell Fire Victim Relief. Please enclose a note with your name and mail to the adddress below:

Arizona Outback

7760 E. State Route 69

Suite C-5, # 228

Prescott Valley, AZ 86314

Thus far we have raised nearly $1,000 for the families! THANK YOU EVERYONE...

Done!

I mailed a check to your address.... Such a sad time for the families and everyone else

Joe/Linda Z

Hi Chris, I am sending out a check today to you address. When I saw the news on Friday regarding the Yarnell Fire it really hit home. Then on Sunday I was so taken back when the news reported that 19 of our countries finest fire fighters lost their lives fighting the Yarnell fire. I immediatley grab my Bible and got on my hands and knees and began preying for the fire fighters and their family. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to these "MEN" and their "FAMILY."

Kevin & Sheryl

A quick note to thank all of you that have sent in donations for the Yarnell Fire tragedy. Your generosity is greatly appreciated and I am proud to announce that thus far, we have raised approximately $9,000 for the families of the Hot Shot crew!!! This is incredible...Thank you again everyone, it means so much! :)

Hey all,

What everyone is doing here is just a wonderful thing. As a former firefighter, first responder & WTC responder this subject hits home for me personally. On July 4th I attended a small car show with my ride in Bayfield, Co. Here in s/w Colordo we are very much into volunteering and reaching into our pockets. At that car show (about 50 cars) I believe we raised over a 1K for the families of those firefighters. With Redneck enterprizes the show host matching the total to be sent down to AZ. With us guys with 50K+ type cars we always come through for charities.

One more thing.......With the past fallen firefighters from 9/11 and the brave 19 and all firefighters who sacrificed their lives for others....

HEAVEN HAS ONE HELL OF A FIRE DEPARTMENT.

GOD bless-Jim