Sign in to follow this  
Mitchel

3030 Beach Gold

Chris,

Here are my gold finds for the last couple of weeks with the 3030. The heart piece is 18k and weighs 13.5 g and is the best man made gold I have found to date. The diamonds are also real.

The 3030 finds silver too.

Mitchel

post-38307-0-19141000-1375592677_thumb.jpg

It is all in the past now Frank ... I want nuggets ... at least one from different places but I can't seem to slow down enough. I figured out part of my problem last night.

There are two ways to move a coil. One is the swing. I can slow down the swing but the coil is still moving too fast ... why? Because I am walking too fast.

Next trip to Franconia, GB and other places I am going to take a step, stop and swing. Take another step and swing ... and listen better.

Mitchel

Wooo-Hoooo! Congratulations on the gold tickets!!!

Mitchel ... If you get into the Prescott area in the next few weeks before I head east for deer season I'll give you a refresher on slowing down and take you to a place you might be able to find a nugget. Slow swinging is something you really need to learn. Most prospectors 'slow' swing is still top fast to hear all that is available. I know that when I get a little tired I tend to break the slow motion and run it up to turtle mode which is faster than slow motion and probably cost myself a nugget or three! ---Mike F

Here are my afternoon finds ... a hollow 14k gold ring, silver and turquoise and Naval Bronze Lock ...

Better than it has been lately!

Oh, I'll add a few days back since I'm posting ...

Mitchel

post-38307-0-68785200-1382076119_thumb.jpg

post-38307-0-38335400-1382076174_thumb.jpg

post-38307-0-54074300-1382076292_thumb.jpg

post-38307-0-14717400-1382076347_thumb.jpg

post-38307-0-26643800-1382076402_thumb.jpg

I have been running my 3030 under water lately and was wondering what numbers were you hitting at for your good finds and are they solid or a bit broken ?

I have just been putting it in beach mode, You don't ground balance under water do you?

When you say you have been running it 'under water' do you mean just the coil of the entire unit? I use mostly beach mode with salt water but I have also gotten some programs from the Minelab Owners forum that are used in England. I'll sometimes use 'High Trash' just to get a different look at the beach sand. I get the 'impression' that the 3030 runs in 'All Metal' mode (but it ignores or puts all the big iron targets off the screen) and the different 'good' metals are set up with a different sound responses. This is where you can make your own adjustments on targeting the objects you like or want to find. When I switch from 'All Metal' to a discriminate hunting pattern I still see all the targets but they come up in the good and bad area of the screen.

I've tried to use it a little bit in the desert and I will ground balance there but not at the beach. I think all park hunters which I don't do yet will ground balance.

I get the coil wet all the time and will rinse off the sand and pour the water away from the coil and hunt the wet sand and shallow water. My problem there is that I don't want to lay it down in the water (even tho I have it on wireless) and I have not made a stand for it yet.

Mitchel

This bracelet was a wet sand find.

post-38307-0-79848300-1387342413_thumb.jpg

I am using it in Lake Havasu in AZ until may when we head back to Iowa, the water is chilly but ok after you get used to it I have a pontoon boat down here so it works well,, The water is down at least 6' now leaving allot of virgin ground that has not seen a coil before I have been just hunting a little less than waist deep, I have an aluminum scoop with stainless blade that works good, I run in beach mode I find change all the time in about 3ft of water and buried about 8 to 10" into the lake bottom I just scoop and hold scoop away from the site until I run the coil over if I don't get a signal anymore I take it to shore and dump it on the shore line and find the object, Haven't hit anything good yet, Its hard to quit digging Pop tops,

Quarters,Dimes Nickels , Penny's , A token, One ear ring very small maybe silver, I will go out again in the morning, i think I could find just about anything on the colorado river, Numbers in the 12s seem to be good sometimes silver will be like 1.6 in the upper right corner it seems,

Thanks for your help,