Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Two for One Catch!

I spotted this crazy photo on the Net this morning. Here is a blurb about the pic:

"Researchers at the University of Delaware set out recently in the hope of recapturing tagged sand tiger sharks. They enticed a large female but it was the bizarre manner by which they captured the predator that left them shaking their heads in disbelief.

After casting a small fish called a menhaden, a small shark called a dogfish was quick to snatch the bait, only to be swallowed by the much larger sand tiger shark. “The dogfish was about 3 feet long and completely swallowed by the sand tiger shark,” states a post on the university’s ORB Lab Facebook page."

post-28-0-63855900-1376526859_thumb.jpg

Hope he got chips with that!

Unique catch ,,, don't see that everyday. Have caught a few yellow perch that were consumed by a pickerel before I landed the perch but those were all consumed head first ... just saw the tail sticking outside the stomach entry on mine. Great picture! Mike F

OK here's my fish story,I've held off telling it cuz I think I talk or write to much on the forum as it is.But like all talkers I couldn't wait any longer,It was driving me crazy.So here go's.Abuddy barrowed my boat so he and his wife could go fishing and camping at Sagauro lake,Well he had probs with my motor,the water pump went out it over heated and siezed up.He caught a tow to the boat ramp and called me.He sent his wife home with their truck.I rented a small 9 hoarse and went to the lake to take him to break camp and haul his camping gear home.He said I could fish some he had a bucket of waterdogs i could use up back at his camp.Well it was slow go with the 9 horse instead of the 35 horse i had.We got there and he said i could fish while he loaded camp.Went to get the waterdogs,he siad he had caught a three pounder right out in front of his camp on one.The bucket only had water in it,NO WATERDOGS,by the tracks a racoon had a feast.We loaded and headed back,with the extra weight the boat was really slow.Lucky for me i brought some night crawlers.I could cast and move it once befor we where bye.I was razzing him about no waterdogs and not getting to fish much,he said he could turn around and back along shore to give me more time to fish,I said it was going to take us long enough as it was,he camped up the lake past ship rock by bagily flat.As we past a small cove I made a long cast,as the worm started to sink I seen a small biue gill dart up and grab it.I decided to have some fun,I rared back and set the hook and yelled he's on there.Thats something we always yelled when we hooked a big one,Blue gills pull like a tractor on their first run.I played it up like i had a monster.About the time the gill started to give up my hands were yanked down,the rod almost ripped from my hands.My buddy had just figerd out I was fooling when that happend.Then I yelled no really he's on there.The fight was on,up it came and jumped,I seen somthing that looked like my worm flip around about a foot up the line then right behind that the blue gill was doing the same thing,on the hook was about a seven pound large mouth,when we seen that both are mouths were as wide as the fishes.I yelled to get the net,after a battle we landed it.It made the trip for me one of my biggest bass from that lake and a fun filled adventure.>>>A TRUE FISH STORY>>>KELLY

YUP! ... And ALL fishermen are liars except you and me ... and sometimes I'm not so damn sure about you! :) :) :) Good story Kelly! ---Mike