Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

San Diego CTX 3030 Hunt

Hi All,

I just got back this past weekend from a quick trip over to San Diego, CA. While there I visited the beaches on Coronado Island with my Minelab CTX 3030. This is only the third time I have used this machine on the beach, and every time it has worked great. I opted to use the pre-set Beach pattern with a few minor tweaks for personal preference. This was a great setting and highly recommended for someone that wants to spend more time hunting rather than fiddling with controls…I didn’t land any serious treasure this go around, but I did find a 1964 silver dime, a handful of clad change that equaled about $3.00 and a whole jackpot of Matchbox cars, which my 4-year old daughter quickly confiscated! :P Great trip and a great metal detector!

post-28-0-46955100-1378930731_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the Silver Rosie!

Hi Mike, the Explorers were, and still are, a great machine. They found lots of good stuff, but I'm with you, after using the CTX for a while now I am hooked! I think I would even have a hard time going back to my E-Trac! :) Happy Hunt'in out there!

San Diego's beaches are known for being pretty stingy, I have better luck back toward the street... up against the rocks than closer to the water. Found a merc dime in Del Mar and another in mission bay but nothing really to write home about...yet.