Chris Gholson

Bunk, Gold Basin & Truck Trouble

Hi Everyone,

I just got off the phone with Bunk with some potentially bad news. He is away from a computer and asked me to put up this post until he gets home. He has been having major issues with his truck’s transmission. The work was supposed to be done today, but he got a call saying that not only will the truck not be ready, the cost had also doubled! Because of this, there is a very strong chance he may not be able to make Gold Basin. He can chime in later, but I just wanted to get this info up as soon as possible.

Looks like I'll be doing a day trip on Saturday ... We'll miss the beans Bunk but I understand tranny problems ... Had them last year and I was prevented from going back east for deer season! That was the first time not hunting with my brother since my dad died back in 1993. Patrick ... I'll try to stick around for a piece of that cake! :) ----Mike F

Yep, its true, I will not be able to make it to Gold Basin due to major truck trouble. A note to Alison owners, you do not want to buy one of these, trust me! Again sorry I can not make it. Bunk

Thats a shame Bunk,

Those trannys aint cheep.

Toss your swag in the back of that ol ford and forget about it for the weekend.

Bunk know all about alison transmisions, got in our gmc dump truck what a pain in the a-- to work on sorry to hear about your's going bad, fixing a ranch rig is bad, don't even want to think of the cost of a personal rig to fix.

Really sorry to hear about your truck troubles Bunk, been there myself. I hope things get resolved without breaking the bank.

I will go on over to GB tomorrow (Friday) and spend a couple of days. Hopefully I'll see Frank and get to meet some of the folks that

post on the AZO forum.

Talked to Patrick and Frank a couple of minutes ago, they are there- Sorry to hear about your tranny issues. I love my Allison, couldn't of been the orange? ;-) Shep

Sorry to hear that Bunk. How am I supposed to find camp without that bright orange truck to act as a beacon?;-)

Nick

Aw geez Bunk. Doesn't that bite the royal hiney? You put on one of your famous outings and you don't even get to come to the party. Do you still get a cut of the nugget take?

No beans? Is everyone going to have to live off cake? Bring a big one Patrick it's going to get rough when those miners get wind of the fact that their traditional Saturday bean bloat ain't gonna happen. It could get ugly. :unsure:

Real sorry I could not make this trip. I am glad everyone had a good time! As for me, I am still trying to get my truck back on the road. Its a nightmare I can't seem to wake up from. :(

Hey buddy I share your pain it did turn into a real nightmare :blink: . Put de lime in de coconut an drink it all up, then take 2 nuggets an call me in da mor or nin Oh Great Pumkin Get Well Soon :rolleyes: