Mike Furness

Ammo Reloading Equipment

Been think lately of getting back into reloading again. Years ago had a Dillon Progressive press ... lately have been looking at Dillon as well as the RCBS, Lee and Lyman rigs. Any one have any really strong preferences for any particular model ... why? Thanks for the help. ---Happy Thanksgiving ... Mike F

Thanks Bill ... I got it and will act on it when I return to AZ later in this coming week. ---Mike

Mike, been's so long since I've reloaded but I have a Dillon 550 (?) for .357, 44mag, and .45. Use RCBS for my rifles cause I hand throw my powder on them. Beens so long since reloading, powders probably turned brown. All my bullet supplies are lead, primers are spouting! Hanging onto all just in case all goes either way more.

Shep

Just try buying powder now...... I haven't been able to get any for almost two years! Found ONE box of large rifle primers a couple of weeks ago...A big score!

Hey guys ... my older son Jay in Texas has seemingly no problem getting supplies ... but then it's TEXAS not Kalifornia! What a difference a 1000 miles or so makes. I still haven't made a purchase for some new equipment as I have a friend who has been kind enough to share his with me.

Hey Mike, I use to have a Dillon 550 to reload 9mm, .357, .44 & .45. I never had an issue with it and always received great customer service when asking questions and ordering. I have always used a RCBS Rock Chucker to reload my rifle hunting loads, as I like to check every round and trickle powder out to the exact load for each round. It is time consuming. . . but I stopped tinkering with the load when I saw 3 consecutive rounds touching (damn rear in the same hole) 3"H @ 100 in .270.

It's nice to have friends that share... but if you ever look to get your own, Dillon did me right. I'm sure the others that were mentioned are great as well.

Aim true - shoot straight - and always be positive of your target and backstop ;)

Take care - Doug

Doug ... Those last words of your post are gems ... exactly what I taught hundreds of new hunters while a Hunter Ed Instructor for NH F&G ... 1994-2010 ... Knowing the target and beyond is the key to safe shooting!

Don,t have to worry about powder and primers going bad. I still reload with stuff that I bought back in 1970's I think it just keeps getting better. As for a Progressive loader I never had much luck getting the same powder charge out of them, it's better to trickle on a scale and get it exact, unless you just want to plink.