Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Ron

Montana Bob?

I have to agree with the choir here Bob... I know a lot of us don't post much, but sure do appreciate your informative posts!

Hey Bob ... Check out what Dodie's up to : I wrote most of the script for the video!!!! I just might take you up on the invite to go beepster on some of my old haunts .... It's some nasty serpentine ground and has a huge history ... Cheers, Unc

Ron. That's cool what Dodie is doing. Come on up. That serpentine keeps the rifraf out. Should be some gold left for us.----Bob

I had an old claim for years that we pulled some great gold dredging ....Then we hit a spot with rocks the size of volkswagons ... One time I chained off on an old snag and yarded up the front of a huge boulder ... With the rock at about 45 degrees, I started dredging and as the sand came off, the bedrock crevices showed full of +/- 2 dwt nuggets ... Solid crevices full of gold ... Then the snag I was chained to gave way and the bould crash down before I could clean the crevices ... It's still there to this day ... We pulled a butt load of gold just above the spot and I know it's still there under those big boulders .... An area of one special creek that was above where the old timers of the 1860's stopped ... Genuine virgen ground, but a real rock farm! ... Cheers, Unc

I got out in the hills again yesterday and checked out a creek that would have normally been roaring this time of year. It was still running but there was lots of bedrock exposed above the waterline. I got 4 small nuggets for a total of 1.7 grams and had to leave several good sounding targets in tight little cracks in the extremely hard, water polished greenstone bedrock. Next time I go in there I'll have to take a hammer and chisel to get those targets and others I might find in the same situation.---Bob

Bob,

I'm glad to see you posting again and glad you have recovered from your surgery. I can't even turn on my detector without thinking about the things you taught me. When I'm detecting I hear your voice in my head saying things like, "You aren't trying to find the target you are trying to move it." When I'm bowhunting I hear Fred Bear saying, "Don't step on anything you can step over, don't step over anything you can step around." Two masters of their trades.

I hope you will keep posting.

Chris

Bob, it sounds like your located in my neck of the woods (State of Jefferson) It's good you left behind a little gold for me. Others have not been so gracious.

Ron, if the serpentine belt is the one I'm thinking of, there is a local that is finding some nice Jade along the southerly end of that belt. Keep your eyes peeled.