Hey Everyone,

I thought I would share/post something different to the Sportsman's Forum that I haven't seen yet. Sorry, I do not have a picture to show ... because... WE ate the evidence... It has to do with how we/you prepare your game to eat. This yummy and simple recipe is easy. It all started years ago when I visited a friends hunting camp when his dad came out with a tray of cooked chunks of meat. It was dove breast wrapped in bacon that had a slice of jalapeno in it. Over the years I have done the same with quail and chuckar. I should try it with duck or goose but it seems those always go in the wife's chili pot.

Well today I took out a package of venison stew meat and tried the bacon wrap / jalapeno slice and it turned out delicious. I only use a half slice of bacon with the slice of jalapeno and your choice of meat. Lay the jalapeno on the meat, wrap it up with the bacon and hold it together with a water soaked tooth pick, then toss it on the BBQ. The better half likes hers BBQ sauce on it.... but I could take it either way......... Anyway.... Try-it.... you'll-like-it... If you have a good recipe.... lets hear it!!!

Take care & be safe NvAuMiner - Doug

AHHH shoot.... its past lunch time here GoldSeeker. . . Must mean is 'Leftovers' for tonight!!! :D

I've done something similar with ground deer/elk sausage. Take a full pack of bacon and weave it together making a blanket of sorts. Lay in your sausage (or whatever game meat you prefer) topped with fresh cut jalapenos and sprinkle some cajun seasoning on top. Roll it up like a log and put on the smoker for a few hours rotating it every 30 minutes or so. Slice into 1/2-3/4 inch pieces and put it on homemade biscuits....delish! I've precooked these before hunting trips and just reheated, sliced and served.

That does sound similar.... but yet different enough that I will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing it Joe.

That sure sounds like a great one Joe ... My hunting buddies back East probably won't be able to eat it depending on the heat of the jalapenos ... their tastes have never fully developed ... LOL... All the more for me! :)

Mike F