Az_Gold_Maverick

LAKE HAVASU CITY,..Any good metal detecting areas for Gold ??

Is there anyone who knows of any good Gold prospecting areas (using a metal Detector) in any of the steams, tributaries, or mountains around Lake Havasu City ?? I have a friend who is moving over there in about a month. He may also try to do some panning as well. Thanks..Gary

Yo Gary ... I doubt anyone who has a honey hole over in that hard pounded goldfield is gonna give it up to someone moving there full time! ... Just my observation! ... Cheers, Unc

Hey, Thanks for responding,.........I checked out the club someone else mentioned on another gold forum, and Yep Ron, I don't imagine that anyone would give up there honey hole, based on some of the lunkers found by a few club members over there. Gary

Gary . It's a great area actually with gold scattered across a huge area far beyond the club claims on the cemented alluvial fans , but they can be very scattered with random loners and lots of military schrapnel and bullets to deal with. Meteorites throughout the area also .----Bob

Hi Gary,

I haven't spent a whole lot of time out that way, but I did score a couple of nuggets during my last visit. These came from a small wash that had been dug and dry-washed. They forgot to clean out the cracks and left me about 3-grams worth. The larger stuff over an ounce seems to have come from the alluvial fans. It's a fun place to prospect with good potential, but as Montana mentioned, there is no shortage of .50 bullets left over from the military.

post-28-0-26350700-1400545515_thumb.jpg

That area was where I caught the gold fever. My first nugget came from there and it was a respectable 11 grams. That started the incredible journey around the world searching for that next patch, so I definitely have fond memories and wonder where I'd be now if that had never happened.---Bob

Well, HELLO Bob,.......Thanks for the info about this area. I had no idea that it was such a good location for big nuggets. My friend who is moving over there has a good detector, but has neither the "real" interest, nor the patience to do any good with it. As good as this place sounds to me, I might even strike out and try my luck over there one of these days as well. Gary

Hello Chris,.....Those are some pretty nice looking nuggets from over there. Would you know if the majority of the drainage washes over there have gold in them??? Looking at Google Earth shows me that all of Lake Havasu is lying right smack dab in the middle of a huge alluvial fan, and everything drains down hill, right thru town. Rob Allison told me that many years ago someone found a 40 lb. nugget in the area around those claims. Gary

HEY BOB,......I'm still over here in Prescott Valley, Az. and I have managed ( in the last 5-years or so) to stumble over about 7 to 8 nugget patches that you and Chris G. somehow managed to overlook around the Lynx ( I have no clue how that "ever" happened with you two)??? I heard that you are getting too old with aches and pains to continue swing-it any more,...that's too bad,.....the only way that I will ever stop is if I go completely blind, or if they bury me 6 ft under.....With that in mind, I am looking forward to you PM'n me the locations of all your favorite patches down here in the Bradshaw's ,.......NO SENSE IN LETTING THEM GO TO WASTE :).....Gary