Hey everyone,

Ever find any discarded miner trash that you thought was cool? I thought I would post a long spoon that I recently found in a dump and then I thought I might as well show some other old miner's tools I found too. I have no idea what the long spoon tool was used for, unless in was a crevice tool. Found a lot of wedges big and small, thought the old tobacco cans used to hold a claim note was a good idea back-in-the-day. What I really think is neat is an old piece of fuse, well I think its fuse any way.

post-19062-0-84611200-1404084507_thumb.jpg

Not finding any gold the last couple times out and in the need of a fix blink.png . . . I decided I would take a closer look at a couple little rocks that I previously found which showed a little color on the outside. I soaked them for a bit and then picked the rock off. I wish I would of taken some before pics. but all I have are these after clean-up shots. The total weight is 3.1dwt or 4.9g. . .

post-19062-0-85652200-1404084548_thumb.jpg

Well with all my rock collection now depleted. . . I am really going to have to get after it the next time out.

Stay cool and have a safe summer - Doug

My 12 year old son always finds the cool trash. He finds the prince albert cans and pick heads and he found an old complete lantern from the early 1900s. I on the other hand find the TRASH. He banged his first nugget a couple weeks ago with his GB2. Same day he found the lantern.....little turd.

post-36815-0-48993200-1404095419_thumb.jpg

Nugget108, That's awesome that he was able to hit his first nugget the same day he found a cool lantern. Tell him congrats for me.... Treasure the time... it goes by fast. . . My hunting buddy is going to start his second year at UNR Believe me... time does fly...

Oh yeah it sucks. I'm lucky he still loves hunting geese and gold with dad. The day will come when girls are more interesting I bet. Guess that's life though. My 5 year old is a little gold freak now too so I will have someone for a while haha.

Lol.... yeah its hard to compete with the girls. I just invite them along. he is on summer break and I had him and his girlfriend out hunting a couple weeks ago.

That's the way to do it. My oldest daughter is 10 and my youngest daughter is 2. They like going if it isn't too hot or too cold. So basically they don't go haha. They love to camp though so that helps.