just got a new 1st gen tdi I bought this strictly to hunt gold...no coins no relics....as iam finding out this tdi has a huge learning curve and almost all ive read about seems most are coin and relic hunters....iam waiting for a manual and diggers dvd but until then anyone give me some quick setting to start off with while I wait for my school books...thanks

Or as a good alternative to the GB2 a GB Pro with the little 5" round coil and the 10" eliptical. :) Definitely need the Minelab PI machine in any of the above mentioned flavors!

Mike F

well ive owned the gp 3000 and the 4000 ive used the 4500 and the 3500...yes the tdi is for sale until then I plan on using it....I personaly have seen the tdi suck up some deep big gold at rye patch and rabbit hole along with plenty of smalls as well....personally iam only after gold 1 gram and larger could care less about grains and specks as I find it nothing more than a waste of gas and time...ye the minelabs are great but they are old news they have reached there peak with nowhere to go...oh I forgot there is something next a machine to find sub grainers lol.lol.lol

Kind of an odd statement, i would think that using a first gen. TDI would be using real old news, but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinon , good luck to you.

gain at 6 / pulse rate at 10au/ switch to ground balance/ ground balance about 7-8/ switch to all or low, fine tune ground balance & hunt very simple machine to use..

just got a new 1st gen tdi I bought this strictly to hunt gold...no coins no relics....as iam finding out this tdi has a huge learning curve and almost all ive read about seems most are coin and relic hunters....iam waiting for a manual and diggers dvd but until then anyone give me some quick setting to start off with while I wait for my school books...thanks

What Walt said; really pretty easy. Use as much gain as you can stand, threshold gets wobbly otherwise. Hunting in Low will get you the small nuggets up to about 1/4 oz with a high tone, ignoring large iron AND larger nuggets. High will get those big nuggets and large iron with a low tone. ALL hears everything.

Digger

well santa arrived early all my tdi stuff came in....what iam impressed with it how well made the razorback coils are designed and built...and they run so smooth..