Sign in to follow this  
kyle

my sdc 2300 field test & the wow factor

greetings fellow prospector from the most hated prospector in the country...lol.lol...my first impresions of the new minelab is this is bad #$% the way it folds up was deffinantly the WOW FACTOR...but its HEAVY just like the atx..today we had 4 detectors working side by side the gpx 4000, the 2300 a whites tdi and the Tesoro lobo...while I myself drifted outside the box with the tdi to make a long story short and to keep from stirring up the hive at the end of the day the TESORO LOBO spanked everyones butt on total take..but the tdi got the grand nugget 1/3 gram at about 3 inches...the gpx4000 got the skunk..the 2300 found the smallest speck at zero on the scales and one speck at 0.2 grains...my conclusion is this if you have money to burn and the thoughts of any financial returns are not important you..ide get the WOW FACTOR...

Kyle ... Let me be the first to chime in on your report. Unfortunately it has no merit because it lacks a 'scientific' method. You can't just compare the results of a number of detectors covering whatever ground they cover. Your test would have had a lot more credibility had all 4 detectors been used on the same target BEFORE it was dug. For example if the LST found a target whether trash or gold ... afterall without digging you don't know for sure ... you call the other three units over and see what they find over the target area. Is the target response positive or negative for all detectors on the target ... and if there is a respnse is it weak or strong ... using headphones. I say using headphones because the GPX4000 does not have an external speaker. And if you really want to try to equalize and be fair for all units you should try all 4 sets of headphones on all 4 detectors. Granted you aren't testing headphones but if you use say a cheap pair of headphones on the TDI and top of the line headphones on the LST there is a good chance the TDI may give the listener the impression of not hearing the target as well as the phones on the LST. Your last comment is also not necessary ... Your post is biased. If you want to truly be helpful with a comparison test treat all contenders equally.

Mike F

Excellent review of the SDC Kyle .....Sounds like you guys really put it through hard core down to earth testing, and with some of the most knowledgeable, talented detectorists this side of the Rio Grande !

Yeah Babe ,....was Minnie or Mickey on the 4000 ????

Inquiring minds want to know,.....ya know like all the gorey details ....... ya know like The Inquirer

The test may be total BS, but YEAH Tesoro! Arizona Made, Arizona Proud! :D

You have to understand Kyle. He is a bad drunk. He used to drive a friends old Kenworth truck, but was fired for his drinking. Even the old forum "high desert gold" got rid of him. He has insulted many members family on other forums. So pay no mind to Oak Wood Trucker as he is just a old mad drunk jerk!

You have to understand Kyle, Oakwood trucker,Drifter Etc, You have to go over the gold to get it. And the person using the machine makes a difference! There are hunters and there are Hunters! Anyway congrats on finding one in the road.

You ought to think about writing an article for the ICMJ. What a great title and I am sure that many people would appreciate the time you put into the test proceedures. Thank you for posting your results on the forum.

ile say this youd stand a better chance of winning 3 super lotos in the same week..then to walk behind the masher and find something he missed

I could do it.....Just need my pick and a Gold Bug II

The " masher " must be a legend in his own mind. :rolleyes:

Yup, but for his BBQ'd Coos Bay Oysters!

Wish you all would quit associating us social drinkers with the likes of Drunken Democrats!

iam thinking the sd2300 may be a bit hotter then the goldbug..

Well Kyle, that statement right there shows that you have no long term working experience or intimate knowledge with the Gold Bug II .....There isn`t any way that would happen..........

I AGREE MIKE;....

A "TRUE-TEST" would be for you (or "anyone else" who has a 2300) to "FIRST" take their Other minelab (also with an 8" coil on it) out to a location and dig, and extract "Every target" that they can find just as slowly as you will with the 2300. Then "GO BACK" with your 2300 (in roughly your same footsteps) and see what targets the 2300 can pickup "OVER AND ABOVE" those of your OTHER DETECTOR. ...........SO, IF THE 2300 "DOES NOT" PICK UP ANY TARGETS THAT THE OTHER DETECOR DID NOT FIND, THEN (LOGICALLY TO ME) THAT 2300 IS NOT A BETTER DETECTOR.

Case-in-point, I found this very small nugget today,....It is much, much smaller ( .001 ozt) than any of those that you have pictured finding with the 2300. I found it with my GP-3000 approx. 2-1/2" deep hidden within a crack wedged under bedrock. So approx. 2" of bedrock was covering it, with a ½" of sand on top of that. NOW, LOGICALLY TO ME, IF MY GP-3000 WILL DETECT A NUGGET THIS SMALL (much smaller than any of the nuggets that you found with the 2300), THEN "I" AM LEAVING VERY-LITTLE-TO-NOTHING BEHIND, and a 2300 would come in behind me and end up Empty-handed !!!!

post-906-0-42274600-1408753303_thumb.jpg

post-906-0-32974100-1408753317_thumb.jpg

post-906-0-83980600-1408753330_thumb.jpg

post-906-0-63652700-1408753345_thumb.jpg