Mike Furness

September 26, 27, 28 Gold Basin Outing ... Any Interest?

I'm back from the long weekend in CO and have talked to Chris G ... We agreed that an INFORMAL outing would be a great way to start of the new prospecting season. So I have taken it upon myself to say I will be in Gold Basin 9/26-9/28 which is the last weekend in September. I'll be parked with my Prowler Toyhauler at the usual spot on the GPAA Bahde claim above the heliport.

The only suggestion I have as a meeting is a Saturday night pot luck supper. I plan to bring a big pot of Chili ... I will tone it down a notch or two so everyone can enjoy it. All I ask is that everyone bring and preferaby post what they will bring so everyone has enough to eat. Bring your own bowl and/or plate and tableware, beverage of choice etc. If anyone has a folding table a couple would be good to have for the pot luck spread. Also if anyone has access to firewood please bring some so we can have a BS/Lies campfire after we eat. In addition if you arrange with Chris for any items you want to buy I will deliver them to the campsite. I will not however have anything to sell ... remember this is just a gathering of miners to do a little detecting/drywashing, share in each others company, find a little gold, drink a little beer and tell a few stories(aka BS and Lies). But I'm getting ahead of myself.

The first thing we need to know is who and how many are coming. I need a head count so that I bring enough Chili.

Mike F

Sounds great, but will be in RP the next week.

Sounds like fun Mike,but will still be casting a fly for those big lunker trout in Montana.

Patrick ... It was a given that a cake would arrive in your trailer! :)

OK folks ... we are about a week and a half from Gold Basin ... Just wanted to bring it back to the forfront in case someone missed it the first time. This one is going to very informal ... only real 'official' if you want to call it that is Saturday night potluck supper. I'm going to bring a pot or two of my beef and beans chili ... I usually make it about a 5 alrm version but plan to tone it down a bit so all can enjoy it. I've been told it is pretty good so I want to be able to have enough. I need to start making it this coming weekend as it is best a few days old. Anyway point being I would like a head count so I bring enough. I already have about a half dozen people commited but there is room in the first pot for a few more! Just add your name to this post and I'll try to keep a running tally from here.

I have heard that a little of the over burden has moved around in the Basin so I suspect there may be a chunk or two of gold or maybe even a meteorite for those attending and swing a detector. Maybe Walt or Frank C could chime in and give a current report ... although I do think some hurricane Odile is going to drop a bit more moisture in the next few days ... that may not work for those wanting to do a little drywashing ... but I guess we will have to see what Mother Nature brings us. So add your name to the list if you plan to come up to Gold Basin ... If you have already done so or PM'd me I have you on the list already so you don't need to do it again.

Hope to see a few of you there.

Mike

I am looking forward to that chili. I will probably bring along a friend that wants to get into metal detecting. He likes chili too! :)

Patrick you will be missed ... did it have anything to do with the Wally World Girls of Summer taking up your time? Sorry couldn't resist after the comment you left in my email! :)

Mike F

Kinda looks like this is going to be a small gathering which is OK ... the new season is young yet and there will be more opportunities to get together. ... looking forward to seeing all that attend.

Mike

Mike

Not going to make it as I have plans to go to Idaho and Oregon at the end of the month for a two week detecting trip. Hopefully we can get together for the next outing. Talk soon. Rick

Long range forecast is good for the most part. I knew that there would be a chance for a little rain and that is the case next weekend. Most of the weekend will be sunny and warm. I'm looking forward to getting there. Chili was made yesterday! :)

Sorry to hear that Fred ... and Max will be devastated as he was looking forward to your warm skillet breakfast! :rolleyes:

I will bring onions and cheese to top the chili. Tortilla chips and salsa. Maybe some homemade cookies and brownies. And you don't have to watch my nuggets I'll take the dirty ones.

Thanks guys ... was beginning to think we were going to lack a little of the sides and deserts. See you all up there. I'm hoping to arrive on Thursday afternoon but no later than Friday morning. Got a couple projects here at the homestead that need serious attention but hope they will be completed late today or first tomorrow. Gotta go grocery shopping tomorrow, top off the fuel and water tanks and load the RZR into the toyhauler ... a little dog food for Max and away we go.