beatup

Nugget wranglers club and the BLM

I see on the nugget wranglers web site they have lost their claims due to there negotiations with BLM i was wondering if any one has heard why the BLM turned them down,dwayne did not say much on the home page so i thought i'd see if anyone has heard anything.

From what I was reading on their claims list it sounds like the Crits are getting more of our 'government' land! Geez man how long to we have to 'pay back' the Indians and How Much is it going to cost? If anyone knows for sure what is happening please chime in as I was starting to think about an outing for mid January down at Tom Wells!

Mike

Their Small Miners was rejected two years in a row. Appeal to IBLA was lost this year. Nothing to do with any Indians.

Sorry to see them go. Good club with good claims. Dwayne is a real nice guy.

Sure they are beatup. Any claim holder that goes over the limit gets their small miners denied. They do have the choice to pay up if they want to keep the claims.

Tucson's Desert Gold Diggers had the same thing happen last year.

Thanks for the info clay, like you said the wranglers were a good club and it's to bad they lost their claims but hopefully i can still meet up with some of the guys and get in some detecting with them this winter.

Sure they are beatup. Any claim holder that goes over the limit gets their small miners denied. They do have the choice to pay up if they want to keep the claims.

Tucson's Desert Gold Diggers had the same thing happen last year.

What is meant by 'going over the limit'? Just learning and trying to understand. Thanks.

Ted

When a miner has 10 or fewer mining claims and performs $100 worth of labor on each claim each year they can choose to claim the small miner's exemption and avoid the $155 per 20 acre annual informational fee charged by the BLM. Only a $10 filing fee per claim is charged for those who qualify for the small miners exemption.

When the number of claims exceeds 10 all the claims held are subject to the full fee. For each 20 acres of placer the fee is $155, for each 160 acre claim that fee becomes $1240.

A miner holding 10 - 160 acre claims under the small miner exemption would pay only $100 in BLM fees for the year. If that miner "goes over the limit" and has 11 - 160 acre claims he would owe $13,640 in BLM fees for the year.

There are of course more details to consider and the BLM doesn't make it easy with their constant reinterpretation and misinterpretation of the regulations but I think you can see why a club could get in serious trouble pretty quick if they slipped over that limit for a moment.

I hope that helps explain what "over the limit" means?

What happens is a club officer or member signs or submits claim fillings/proof of assessment to the BLM, BLM then cross references all signers on all club claims and deems the club as "Having control by any means" of the claims regardless of the claim signers number of signatures.

post-703-0-97267600-1411671697_thumb.jpg

What happens is a club officer or member signs or submits claim fillings/proof of assessment to the BLM, BLM then cross references all signers on all club claims and deems the club as "Having control by any means" of the claims regardless of the claim signers number of signatures.

post-703-0-97267600-1411671697_thumb.jpg

Thanks clay and nvchris for the learning exercise.

Ted