Sign in to follow this  
beatup

SDC 2300 success story

Just read a story about a couple in Australia who were dectecting with a 2300 and found 700 small nuggets in 5 weeks working a well pounded area, saw the story at www.minelab.com. Their gold was 73 grams. I just thought to myself how small some of the gold pieces were if 700 nuggets made just over 2 oz. and how sensitive that 2300 really is.

Beatup ... I haven't had as much time on one as I would like but I am very impressed with its capabilities and will own one soon. Mike

Mike, I liked that oz story because they have so much more hot soil down there and the 2300 worked so well there, with the new spot we found in the black hills this year with so much magnatite in the ground there that a 2300 would seem to a perfect choice to use there, it has lots of find small course gold and small nuggets in the 1/10 gram to .5 gram size, my gb pro will find some gold but it is hard work getting through all the hot rocks and ground and i can use my 4000 with a sadie coil and can pick up a nugget or two but with all i've read and heard over the past couple months i think a 2300 would be perfect for me i would like any input you gain from your use of the detector in the future.

Thanks Bret.

you got it Bret ... soon as I have my hands on one I will spend a couple or three solid days on it in three or four places I know will be perfect for a proving ground! Mike