Minelab customer service is great! I had a minor issue with my GPX 4000. I sent it in to Minelab for repairs. Tech Dept fixed and returned my detector more quickly than I expected. Had to share this experience on the forum, thank you again Minelab.

Glad it worked out for you Dick ... Mike F

Hi Dick,

That is a good to hear. I will be sure the folks at Minelab see your feedback; if they haven't read it already. Most people don't take the time to give compliments when things go right, so I know this will brighten their day!

Dick,just a bit curious as to what your problem was only because i use a 4000 too. I don't have any issues with mine but i always like to keep an eye out for any problems that may arise.

No worries Beatup, I think the 4000 is a very good detector. It was fine with normal coils but tough to ground balance with my 25 " coil. They put in a new circuit board and it's much better now. The big coil is always a challenge to use but.... if I swing smooth and parallel to the ground it does a great job.

Counter Point:

I have had a not so good experience with the "communication" of the Minelab Service Center in Arizona.

I have a GPX 4000 as well, I have had it since 2009, it has been a great detector for me.

I recently had an issue with the on/off button and eventually it just would not turn on. I called Minelab in Chicago and they gave me an RMA number and said to mail it to the Minelab repair service in Arizona which I did. I waited about a week and then I received a call and a message which was not understandable but

I was able to make out, "please call to confirm repairs".

I immediately returned the call using the caller I.D. number and I got a voice mail to leave a message. I called for 4 days in a row and no return call.

I eventually called the Chicago office and explained to them that I am not getting through to the Arizona Service Center and that I would like to confirm repairs.

Finally, after another week, I received a call from the Arizona Service center that they shipped my GPX 4000 to Chicago for repairs since they did not have the parts.

Once Chicago Minelab received it, things went quickly and Darin at Chicago Minelab was very helpful and gave me a good deal on repairs.

They repaired it right away and I got it back 30 days after I mailed it. They replaced the on/ off switch with a toggle, replaced a power ribbon and the two

adjustment knobs. I am very happy that it was repaired.

My main issue is that the communication with the Arizona Minelab Service Center was lacking.

I like my Minelab and most likely will be another in the future.

Mike