For several years I've been using 5.11 Tactical no metal boots for metal detecting but my last pair has just about disintegrated. They were pretty good but a little wide for my feet. I'm wondering what other boots I should consider before making another purchase. I like above the ankle height to keep dirt and stickers out of my ankles.

Thanks, Chris

Chris, i like Danner's army kinetic boot desert color (style #28050) but these boots have metal lace guides on the upper part above the ankle.

I really like Danner boots myself. I have a pair of Radicals now but I cant stand metal in my shoes when I'm swinging a big coil or working in tight spaces.

Redbeard, been along time, if same one.

Check with LA Gear. Personally, I like my Converse 'no metal' side zipper. Zipper run and collector is plastic, pull tag is metal. I cut off and tied a leather pull. Love these boots and were on sale

I've been wearing the Converse boots for several years...I just live with the zipper metal pull tabs ....no biggie ... Cheers, Unc

+1 on the Converse boots. Don't know anything about the website or company, but these are the same ones I've been using for years. I like the high top for extra ankle support in the hills.

http://workingperson.com/converse-boots-men-s-composite-toe-no-metal-tactical-boots-c9894.html

Converse......

Converse in the non metal boots are now Reeboks. Same great boots, under different brand name. I have to wear Danners with metal to get narrow enough for my feet. For those with normal to wide feet you can't beat the Reeboks for no metal boots. Dennis

I have really bad ankles that turn to the outside or inside easily. Someone told me about the New Balance 992MTN boots and I got them from LA Police Gear. They cost@ $50.00. I've been wearing them for about a year now and havn't had any problems. They are completely metal free lace ups and are comfortable even when worn for10+ hours in the Rich Hill heat and they dont slip when climbing.

Bill

HOLY CRAPALOTTAPUSS DINO!!!!!! THEYRE EVEN ON SALE!!!!

http://www.lapoliceg...-lace-boot.html

Jen

Dino-7.gif

It's great when good boots are on sale at places like LA Police Gear, but usually when the price is as low as this sale on these boots many times they only have a few select sizes left, such as in this case, the sizes they have left are , 7 standard, 7 wide, 7.5 standard, and 15 standard.

I though about doing that and if I live near your part of the world it would work fine, I would only need to make up 2 sizes and the socks would help keep my feet warn but here where I live or in the desert my feet would roast.