Sign in to follow this  
Jennifer Bond

GPZ 7000 Video Link

I wonder if the "7000" in GPZ 7000 has any relation to price?

Thanks for the post.

JP

That vid is a short tease.You can get a 11" or 20" coil as add on's they come with lower shafts as i read.Three modes small gold .general.or deep says deep will miss small shallow gold and small will miss some deep.Check out clarks post GPZ7000 photos and info you can read the owers manual looks a little complicated to me just my H.O. and pricey i bet

That's a big hole! At my age I'm not sure I could survive that kind of digging, unless there was a gold plated Corvette down there.

JP

Looks like that new design coil may be a bit hard to pinpoint with. It will be interesting to see how small of gold the machine can detect.

I'm about half way to saving enough for an SDC 2300 so, by the time I'm able to buy the 2300, Minelab will have an GPZ 8000 on the horizon! I wonder what segment of the market they're after, releasing two gold detectors almost back to back? This seems like a merry-go-round that never stops.

JP

The advertizing vids show it to be quite the new innovation in gold detecting machines.

Impressive to say the least...BUT....will the price for all that technology keep the market

restricted to those than can easily afford such a machine? I'm gonna have to wait and see........

yeah, I figured it would be an outrageous price. I see gpx 5000s as low as $2500 being sold. I just found one on robs site, although a lot more it has 11 coils and lots extras. now ill get a gb2 or an sdc 2300 and be all I need for awhile. although I have found stuff so small with my last 5000 and 8in mono that anything smaller I might as well just pan some dirt lol. butt or the pros I wlll pay for itself or the leftover gold will cover that.

john

I was one of the product testers and I am finally free to talk about this thing, so feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer what I can. I can't really say anything about the price each as honestly I don't know anything more about it than you do, that's not what a field tester does. Field testers evaluate the product in the field.

Looks like that new design coil may be a bit hard to pinpoint with.

yes the pinpointing takes a little bit of getting used to, but I really didn't find it to be that difficult. It becomes really obvious whether targets are shallow or deep when you go over one and get two blips in the same spot for shallow and one blip for something bigger down deep. The sounds, though very similar to the GPX series are not exactly the same.

Both Steve Herschbach and I have blog posts about our experiences using the GPZ on Treasure Talk on the Minelab website.

see the following links:

http://www.minelab.com/treasure-talk

And the official Minelab press release http://www.minelab.c...ledge-base/news

minelab can shove this detector up their collective arse sideways, slap a 25 inch nugget finder on any sd, gp gpx and you will have all the depth and sensitivity you can handle! they will be giving these to any body that will start making payments on them

I couldn't agree more!!!!!

Jen

You folks are being a bit harsh on the product before it is even in the hands of those who might want to try it. Give it a month or so in the field and then if it doesn't do more than the GPX5000 you can 'poo-poo' it! Just a thought to open minds a bit! I'm not buying one right away either but I'm not about to slam it before it even gets started!

Mike F

Kyle your racial slur is not appreciated. your prejudice expressed on this forum reflects badly on Arizona Outback and all forum members.