Sign in to follow this  
ddog

BURRO HeHAW

Hi Guy's Was out puttin the sneak on a critter during archery season in a Jan. A small band of them pesky Burro's got in the mix & screwed up the plan. Any how I know it's illegal to shoot em $10,000 fine. Even though they trash the desert. Suppose you find a fresh Lion kill,[yest sayin] just's minutes old [if you know what I mean] Those little younin's look awfull tender/tasty. Has anyone tried wild burro/donkey? I would think it's like horse, which they eat across the pond. Later

Why Uncle Ron ???? Is it because their a legacy from the past? Not trying to cause trouble,just curious!! Who said SHOOTIN, that's not legal + $10,000 fine & possibly jail time,I can buy a lot of BEEF for 10 Grand. ???? Lv ya Unc your one of my favorite gold getting guros. Hope to see ya at the outing at LSD in March. Jerry L

I have lived in the desert for my young life and now my older life and the burros were my constant companions at both times ... I lived on the edge of Death Valley as a child and a young man and spent many hours wandering the desert with the burro herds ... They are remarkable intelligent critters and I feel toward them almost like I love my dog ... From the time I was about 10 until 20, I used to stalk them on foot trying, unsuccessfully, to lasso one ... They knew me and accepted me sort of as a herd member who made them laugh with my efforts to rope them .... I rode a few who were owned by locals there and actually owned one for a short time, but never got to bring it home due to the seller's divorce squabbles ... The freedom of the burros to roam and exist in what is now their, and sort of my, natural state is a huge and emotional personal symbol to me ... I seriously believe that, if I happened upon someone shooting one, the gunfight would be on ... There's someone out in the Lake Pleasant area who twice has slaughtered entire herds ... Anyway, I could go on about my fondness for burros ... I love the desert and all those things that make it up, and burros most of all, even more than gold nuggets! ... Cheers, Unc

I don't see burros as listed on the Fish and Game regs so best not to shoot them. I don't have Ron's passion for them but I sure would be getting name. rank and serial number of the shooter and a picture or two to turn into the authorities. Vehicle license plate at the very least! I'll go to court and testify if necessary too. They add to the general beauty of the landscape the few times I have come across one or two. Leave 'em be and watch from a distance!!

Years and years and years ago, I remember attending a Burro-B-Q Outing in Bullhead AZ. Burro's are just like any other wild critter when Bar-B-Q'd long enough and enough good tasting Bar-B-Q sauce is used/applied. They are without a doubt, awfully good tender and tasty. "OMG" makes my mouth water just thinking back to those days. The smell of smoking wood in the air and lots of "Cold Beer" and watching that burro spinning around and around on a open spit Bar-B-Q. :):):):)