Sign in to follow this  
Mike Furness

First I Have Seen This Season

They are out there ... spotted this little 2 footer in Cleator yesterday!post-179-0-37213100-1426699900_thumb.jpg

Be careful and protect yourself with some form of Snake Gardz!

Mike F

Mike

When we were out this last weekend, Justin ran into 4 of them, two were mating and two were waiting their turn I guess.

I walked by one and once he said HI, I jumped to the other bank in a millisecond!

Gators were on, thank God!

Yup, they are out.

Tom H.

And so snake season begins... :) I'm with you and Tom, I wear my Snake Guardz all year long. The rattlers thin out in the cooler months, but the cactus don't. I got tired of carrying needle nose pliers to pick the thorns outta my legs. Definitely a very cheap insurance policy! Thanks for the pic Mike...

I was walking along a creek trail panning in Mariposa Ca. once just after a snow storm and there was a buzz tail trying to warm up in the sun. He was very lethargic but was still able to strike. Lucky for me I was a lot quicker in those day and was able to avoid it. Anyways, they are out all year even if you don't think so.

Masher ... I agree could be out in Jan-Feb if conditions are right!

Beatup ... Max stayed well away from this one ... I think he has finally learned and it doesn't hurt to renew his viper avoidance train with Jim in New River each spring! That is $20 well spent. Snake shot was done last week with annual check up too! I really believe that is what contributed to his quick recovery from two bites last year.

Tom ... Even with the snakes out I still wish I could have gone to the outing in LSD with you guys ... next year for sure!

Chris G. ... Yup! Warm weather and more active snakes ... For sure now is the time to be wearing those Snake Gardz if one isn't wearing all the time like we do!

Be careful and watchful out there everyone!

Mike F