Well the old gold bug definitely has been saving my rear this year but the ol Gp Extreme finally came through today. Got up to my spot today with my little guy and my friend. The first area was fruitless so we moved up the draw a little ways. I was detecting an old working that the old timers chased a shallow quartz vein and just piled it up in small piles along the test trenches. I was pulling out blasting caps and nails like crazy, then I got a nice sweet mellow hit. Down a little over a foot I finally got the target out of the hole. I pinpointed it in the pile and started running the dirt over the NF coil. I grabbed one of the rocks that came out of the bottom of the hole and it screamed in the headphones. I checked it over the coil a few times and came to the conclusion that it was definitely my target. I bounced it up and down in my hand and got a huge smile. I could see a few small pieces of gold showing so I dropped everything and met my boy and friend at the truck. After a little water and some scrubbing more gold showed. I knew there had to be more in there than what was showing because the minelab picking up that deep with what was showing was impossible. Got home and cracked it open and WOW. There is at least an ounce in it. It is by far my biggest EVER. What a beautiful find.

post-36815-0-45103000-1431711326_thumb.jpg

post-36815-0-43323800-1431711460_thumb.jpg

post-36815-0-19076700-1431711562_thumb.jpg

post-36815-0-12763000-1431711716_thumb.jpg

It's awesome your detector could find a piece of high grade ore with that gold in it. If only the vein it came from is close by. Don't know if you split it open or not, but the sharp edges tell me that this hasn't travelled far from the source.

Chrisski, yes it is sharp because I cracked it open. When I got the dirt cleaned off of it you could only see a little bit of gold. The first picture shows it. I knew there had to be a chunk inside of it because that little amount of gold showing wasn't enough to set the Gp Extreme off. Especially that deep. The 12 inch nugget finder coil screamed on that thing.

Awesome chunk of some very rich ore for sure. Definitely shows you what the vein was like. Vuggy quartz with iron banding and limonite,,,,,,nice stuff for sure. Congratulations on a wonderful find. Dennis