Mike Furness

Informal Outing - Proposed Dates

Hi Guys/Gals ... I can't make Bill Southern's outing first weekend in November in Gold Basin ... wish I could but have prior commitments! Anyway I would like to have an informal gathering (not sponsored by AZO but am trying to get Chris and his dad, Steve to come once a date has been set)z at Gold Basin at the GPAA claims where we have camped in previous outings. Suggested dates open to me would be last weekend in September (25, 26, 27) or first weekend in October (2, 3, 4). I'm going to go one of those weekends ... if a few could go one weekend or the other that would be great ... ANY INTEREST? Post to this message or PM me if you prefer.

Mike

Either weedend would work for me Mike. I would sure like to see Steve and Chris out there so pick the best date for them. :-)

Mike i'd like to come down but i'll be closing down the water flow out of the res. that week,irrigation season ends Oct. 1st. and i can start storing water again,Find a big one .

Adam ... We'll make an exception just for you and allow you to wear the tux! Every outing needs a dandy and you can be our token penguin for this one! :) Hope you can make it! ... with or without the tux!

Sounds good to me! Let me talk with Steve and find out his schedule, but I'm sure he will be up for a hunt at the Basin. I might have to have a few prizes just for the folks that actually show up in a tux! :P

Mike Garrard just stopped by my house. He said either weekend works for him.......but he sold his tux to help pay his 7000. So, no prize for him. :-)

Not to worry Dean ... I am planning to have an official winter outing sometime after the New Year ... probably down at Quartzite!

Thanks, Mike!

I'll bring the Elk steaks!

Looking forward to hunting up some gold with you.

Dean

Dean I look forward to the Elk Steak ... haven't had any in a few years and never been lucky enough to pull a tag. Mike F

A winter outing would be good mike, I will be down there in Yuma by then at my brother's place ready to do some detecting, I've been shut out this summer with to much repair work on the ditch,s.

OKAY ... IT'S OFFICIAL! First weekend of October ... October 2-4 Fri-Sun ... location the GPAA claim at Gold Basin. Directions and a map will be available when we get closer to the time. It has been suggested we do a pot luck on Saturday night October 3rd ... I'm not opposed to that if we have enough folks coming. If we have 8-10 folks or mor then lets have the pot luck if that is what you guys want to do. Again when we get closer I'll ask for contributions to the meal. The only other thing we will need is some firewood. There is not enough firewood available on site so if anyone has a few sticks they can spare from the woodpile please bring it along.

Hey Mike

I might be able to make it depends what's going on I'll keep you informed. Miss you guys and would be great to meet up again for some old stories and find some gold. Also Id like to make some kind of donation for giveaways and as the outing get closer I'll give Chris a call to set that up. Talk soon and take care. Rick

Thanks Rick ... Looking forward to seeing you again! Mike

Hey there Mike,

Thank you for setting this up. See ya first weekend in October.

Not to worry BD ... nuggets seem to be reborn in GB!