DOC

We have a second winner here for the Knife Contest. Tom H. PM me!

I screwed up.

The rules in the POWER BALL contest say that the winning number will be the FIRST BALL DRAWN according to the Arizona Powerball Site.

Accordingly, I looked at the results for Saturday night and saw #2 as the first ball and declared Dean Bado the winner.

Gary Smith brought it to my attention that the results on the Arizona site do not reflect the order in which the balls were drawn, they just list the balls drawn and put them in lowest to highest order.

Powerball is a multi-state lottery which means a lot of states have this game but they are all using the results from the same drawing.

So this is the way the Arizona site orders the balls drawn: As you can see they are listed lowest to highest.

08/26/2015 02/22/2016 2-22-32-45-56 12 5

However the Wisconsin site actually lists the balls in the order they were drawn, which is what we need for the contest. We need to know the actual FIRST BALL DRAWN.

Here are their results:

Wed, Aug 26, 2015

22 56 2 45 32 12

So #2 was not the first ball drawn. #22 was the first ball drawn and Tom H. was the actual winner.

SO, Bad News - Good News. The Bad News is, I gave the wrong information, and #2 was not the first ball drawn.

GOOD NEWS - In the future contests I will know to direct people to the Wisconsin site so they actually will see the first ball drawn:

https://www.wilotter...historyOD.aspx#

I already declared Dean Bado the winner in error but it was my fault, so Dean will receive a knife. And Tom H. will also receive a Schrade knife because he actually had the winning number. Tom send me your address so I can get your knife off today.

Congratualtions! Dean is going to send me pictures of him and the knife, and I hope Tom H. sends me pictures as well.

Doc

RE:

I already declared Dean Bado the winner in error but it was my fault, so Dean will receive a knife. And Tom H. will also receive a Schrade knife because he actually had the winning number. Tom send me your address so I can get your knife off today.

Doc

You are a good man, Doc. But of course we already knew that!

Gary

Hi Guys,

I've been in Dallas the last few days on business and wasn't tuned in here so I'm a little late in seeing this.

Doc, you are, indeed, a good man and I appreciate the gesture but please don't send me the prize as it was an honest mistake. Better yet, please take the knife you are going to send to me and have another drawing! I'll win it fair and square anyway ;). Thank you for putting on these fun contests. Congrats, Tom!

Dean

Hey , Tom Cheated...I`m pretty sure he has connections with the Arizona Lottery :P

Heck...I buy one mega millions a week and have a stack of old ones with NO winning # on them?

Go figure.

Tom H.