Sign in to follow this  
Mike Furness

Official sign up for the Informal Outing Oct 2-4

If you think you will be coming to the Gold Basin Outing October 2-4 please let me know here. Some of the guys mentioned they would like to have a Potluck Supper Saturday night. If we can get 6 to 8 folks as a minimum I think it will work. As always you'll need to bring your own eating utensils and plate ... beverage is also on you. I will be making a big Dutch Oven kettle of my bean and beef chili. Maybe another main dish, couple of sides and a desert or two would be in order. When you sign up it would help if you list what you would be willing to bring to the supper. I will also bring some firewood from the hardwood pallets I cut up yesterday ... will need some other wood as well so if you have a woodpile and can spare a few sticks that would be great if you brought some too. It's only about a month away. I'm really looking forward to getting away for a few days! BTW ... my plans are to arrive on Thursday October 1st for anyone who might want to show up early.

Hey Mike, pm me your address. You won the knife over on the Nugget Shooter forum. Congratulations!

I'm planning on attending as long as something stupid doesn't come up.

Three trips ago I was planning on going out to Gold Basin and my wife comes busting into the bedroom at around 9pm wakes me up yelling can you help me. She had the worst nose bleed I have ever seen. She has never had a nose bleed. Took over an hour to get it stopped. Next day had to scrap the gold trip and take her to the doctor to get it cauterized.

Doc

OK I will be there Lord willing and the creek don't rise. Will bring food & booze. Mike Garrard said he would be there too.

Just a reminder that we are only 2 weeks away! Please let me know if you plan to attend. I want a good indication so that I make enough chili for the Saturday night potluck!

Thanks,

Mike F

Mike Garrard and I only got to detect for about an hour & a half yesterday in GB but Mike scored a nugget and I got a meteorite. NOT BAD we will see you there. :-)

beatup ... I'm sure we can get together after the first of the new year. See you then.

Dick ...looking forward to detecting with you and Mike.

OKAY! ... Making the Chili today and figuring no more than 10 people ... small group but I bet we will have fun. I'll be leaving here Wednesday morning ... been loading up the camper water tank and making sure the refrigerator works. So far all is in working order! See some of you guys Wednesday or Thursday when you get there ... others over the weekend. Still working on Chris to come up for a day or two ... he has some obligations that are getting in the way! Anyone want to chime in and help shame him into coming up for a couple days feel free! :)

Oh ... for those who may be interested I will have the prototype 'Evolution' 17" x 13" eliptical coil from NuggetFinder with me.

OK Mike.............I WILL CHIME IN

Hey Chris,

Please come on over for a couple of days. We would like to see you.

Bring some extra pairs of Snake Guardz with you. With the Mojave Greens out you might sell a pair and save a life. ;)

If the obligations are business :angry: put it off. If the obligations are family :) family comes first!

Hope to see you, Dick.

Hi Gang,

Unfortunately it’s not looking good for me on the GB outing. My wife will be flying back east to visit family which puts me in charge of caring for the animals and our last dog that needs insulin shots twice a day. If there is any chance of me breaking away I will definitely high tail it up there. If not, good hunting to all you guys. I hope to see some freshly dug nugget pics on Monday! ;)

Will miss you Chris. We will do our best to find a couple of nuggets and post pictures of for you.

All loaded up ... just have to pay some bills due while I am gone and take a shower! Off at first light in the morning! :) Now let's see ... what did I forget? Hmmm ... guess I will find out when I need it ... whatever it is!

Sorry I have to bail out. Got home from Rye Patch and my hand was killing me. Went to a hand surgeon, he said I have carpal tunnel. I sort of knew that was the problem. I have had issues on and off for 6 months, trying to baby it. However, 4 days of detecting at Rye Patch was the straw that broke the camel's back, So I have to get a EMG nerve conductance test and then surgery.

Going to have to learn to detect with my left hand while I heal.

Sorry to miss the outting,

Doc

Doc, I had that surgery 40 years ago, was Dr. office then, but today they do Orthoscopic surgery (? spelling) on it and you should be fine in a few days. Took me over 6 monthes to almost fully heal. Had one wrist done one year and the other wrist the following year.

Mike

Appologies for the thread theft...Mike

Ive been suffering with that plus trigger finger on same hand for quite some time.

BUT I won't let them sawbones go in . I have had some not so good results from them the past few years.

It is a pain for sure but I'll see how long I can deal with it.

That is very bad news Doc...you should try the Hipstick with your GPZ....

I can generally use either hand but using my left hand to swing the detector just in not right...

best wishes

fred

Oh Fred, I know. I have tried swinging left handed and it isn't pretty! I knocked out three other people I was detecting with. It appears that my left hand has a mind all of it's own.

Doc

Ive been suffering with that plus trigger finger on same hand for quite some time.

BUT I won't let them sawbones go in . I have had some not so good results from them the past few years.

It is a pain for sure but I'll see how long I can deal with it.

I already had trigger finger surgery on three fingers on the same hand. That worked out well and I healed quickly. No problems and no trigger finger. I also have Dupuytren's in the right hand which is thickened lumps under the skin. It is not a big deal unless the scar tissue starts to shorten and close the hand.

Doc

Doc ... You were missed but health is most important ... Take care and get it cured ... you'll be back in the field before you know it!

Mike T ... No problem!