Sign in to follow this  
DOC

Two nuggets, 1 meteorite, and 1 WHAT THE HELL Today at Gold Basin

Two nuggets on the left. a .6 gram and a 1.02 gram. On the right on the bottom a meteorite, and om the top, I do not have a freaking clue sounded off like crazy, heavy, just never seen anything like it before,

No doubt it is some kind of crap.

Doc

post-211-0-93678300-1441342376_thumb.jpg

I once had a black rock similar to that from gold basin, it made the 5000 go crazy. I soaked it in CLR, and had nice gold all through it.

I've got it soaking in Wink right now to see what happens to it. The thing with slag is that it usually has a flat bottom where it hit the ground when it was molten. This thing is rough and irregular all around. I am sure whatever it is it has no value what-so-ever, it's just that it was very weird.

It also has like little black shiny bubbles that reminds me of miniature Apache Tears.

Doc

You mean welding slag? There is plenty to go around. I've been taking gold out of Gold Basin for 25 years, there are still nuggets out there. The place never fails to amaze me. Big ones are really rare, but there are a lot of little ones.

Doc

Hey Doc,

I found a piece that looks like your mystery stuff but never tried to soak it. Will you post what ever you figure out please?

Thanks, Dick.

The slag was magnetic. I soaked it in wink and it just looked like a very random piece of metal. Smelled that way too. I placed it in the garbage for safe keeping. If I ever need it I will know it will be at the landfill. :-)

Doc