Sign in to follow this  
bado1

Knife Pics..." The Beast"

Here are pics of the awesome knife that Doc gave away in his latest contests. I call it "The Beast" because it has got some real heft to it. In a hundred years or more some detectorist will find this knife and it will still be in perfect condition....

post-36139-0-84104100-1441665455_thumb.jpg post-36139-0-88843600-1441665472_thumb.jpg post-36139-0-16850300-1441665516_thumb.jpg

In the nylon sheath. Note the tie down. And out. Looks like Dura-Coat on the blade...won't ever rust. The knife compartment has it's own plastic "sheath" to protect the blade and the nylon sheath. The sheath has the type of belt loop that allows you to loop attach/remove it to your belt without having to unbuckle your belt.

post-36139-0-76173500-1441665493_thumb.jpg

Comes with a diamond steel and a fire starter that have their own pouch in the sheath.

post-36139-0-52373600-1441665543_thumb.jpg

Check out the thickness of the blade! This is why this knife is so hefty. It will easily chop through ribs or small branches if necessary.

This is a great addition to your product line Doc!

If anyone is in the market for a high quality "Beast" of a knife, I would strongly recommend this one... and I own a bunch of knives.

This would be a great Chrismas gift!

Dean

Thanks Dean,

When I ordered one of these from my knife distributor, I was half expecting to be disappointed as I have been so many times in the past with so called "Survival Knifes." When I got it, holding the box it came it, before I even opened it, I was thinking to myself, "Why in the hell is this box so damn heavy, did they screw up and put two knives in there?"

NOPE, just one amazingly made knife. I immediate ordered another 20 of them.

I watch fat guys in the woods, and Creek is always giving one of the guys this knife he uses, Ontario SK-5 Blackbird Survival Knife, and the thing is like $128 without a sharpener and fire starter. I just don't see anything this expensive knife has that this SCHRADE knife doesn't. Although I think he has a special leather sheath made up that includes the fire starter and sharpener.

Thank you again Dean for the great pictures.

Doc

I kind of like making sparks with my flint it came with. :)

Will have to actually figure out how to start a fire with it in the future.

Tom H.

Tom start collecting in a small zip lock bag all your dryer lint you clean off the screen. Its perfect for starting a fire in sticks or brush kindling.

I kind of like making sparks with my flint it came with. :)

Will have to actually figure out how to start a fire with it in the future.

Tom H.

Greatest fire starter in the world is as close as your wife's clothes dryer. Put a zip lock bag there and ask her to start collecting the lint out of the lint trap. That stuff goes up like gasoline. Also very fine steel wool.

Doc

Tom start collecting in a small zip lock bag all your dryer lint you clean off the screen. Its perfect for starting a fire in sticks or brush kindling.

DOH - all great minds think alike. I posted almost the exact same recommendation.

Doc

That's OK Doc ... Like me you are getting older and not as 'quick' as you ... we ... used to be! :)

Guys I won the knife over on Nuggetshooter ... It is the same knife Dean won except I think Dean's is the 10" version and I have the 12". This knife is indestructible! I have already tried to kill it and can't! I have abused it trying to chop through branches pounding on the blade back with another chunk of wood. I even split a 12" long green 6" diameter log with it. Works great to strip branches off the main trunk of a tree ... branches up to an inch thick are removed with just a couple of well placed swipes. I am thoroughly amazed with this knife. Oh ... Yes it keeps a great edge too! And when the edge did finally seem dull the diamond stone took only a few passes to make it like new! The fire starter is easy to use with the included steel ... but I lliked using the back of the knife to strike the mag rod. 4 swipes and a tight little bundle of dry grass and straw was in flames! THANKS DOC!

You're welcome Mike glad you like it,

Doc

That's OK Doc ... Like me you are getting older and not as 'quick' as you ... we ... used to be! :)

Guys I won the knife over on Nuggetshooter ... It is the same knife Dean won except I think Dean's is the 10" version and I have the 12". This knife is indestructible! I have already tried to kill it and can't! I have abused it trying to chop through branches pounding on the blade back with another chunk of wood. I even split a 12" long green 6" diameter log with it. Works great to strip branches off the main trunk of a tree ... branches up to an inch thick are removed with just a couple of well placed swipes. I am thoroughly amazed with this knife. Oh ... Yes it keeps a great edge too! And when the edge did finally seem dull the diamond stone took only a few passes to make it like new! The fire starter is easy to use with the included steel ... but I lliked using the back of the knife to strike the mag rod. 4 swipes and a tight little bundle of dry grass and straw was in flames! THANKS DOC!