Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Saying Goodbye

It’s been a sad week for myself and my family. On Tuesday our beloved golden retriever “Noodle”, who many of you have met over the years at various AZO outings and events finally passed away. She gave us 12 years worth of the best memories. She was the sweetest and most gentle dog I have ever known, and was always willing to be my prospecting companion – no matter how long the hike. Actually, she probably saw more of the Arizona goldfields than most people ever will. She was a great friend and will be sorely missed…rest well.

post-28-0-28234300-1441927310_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-85155500-1441927314_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-72473600-1441927320_thumb.jpg

Very sorry to hear that Chris. We know what your family is going through.Give Maddy extra hugs and love.

Chris ... As sad as it is right for you and the family now she is in a much better place ... She'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge where she will have no pain and can play to her heart's content until you come along. Together you will enter the Pearlly Gates. My condolences to you, Alyssa and Maddy.

Mike

nothing harder my friend than to lose your prospecting pal

but rember she had a great time hanging out with you

wonderful years & memorys

My condolences to you and your family Chris.

It's the hardest thing to lose such a big part of your family. I lost my golden in 2004 (he was 12 also) and still think about him every day. 12 years of life is not fair for something so kind.

My condolences to you and your family Chris, I feel your pain and lost as I have lost 2 of my best friends in the last 2 years, both were 12 years old, Alice, Black Lab mixed in 2014, and Teddy Bear, Chow mixed this year, I still look for them in my mind's eye when I come home from work.

All the best to you and your family for coping with the loss of Noodle. I took "Buster" (16 years) for his finale walk this past season. I still miss him terribly.

Mike

I don't think anyone who has not lost a pet can understand, that it is really losing a member of your family. Dogs, want nothing from you but love foremost, and a little kibble. They give nothing but love. They are there for you always. Not just when you are in a good mood, they are there when you don't feel good, when you are sick. In fact they always seem to know.

We lost both of our dogs, the last one we had put to sleep just a year ago this month. It is just mind numbing the pain you feel.

We waited about two months and then got two more puppies they are over a year old now. We miss our other dogs, and we will never forget them, but having these 2 new ones does taken the edge off of the loneliness.

Dogs give you so much love that they actually can squeeze it all into 12 years. Sorry for your loss Chris.

Doc

Sorry to hear that Chris. It's tough to lose a long time friend and member of the family. Just remember the good times and the happiness she gave you guys the last 12 years.

Dan

Chris,

Your loss will be felt for many outings to come but it will pass. Eventually you will get that new hunting partner and the boring, over-hunted patches will become new again with that next dog.

It is an end to a chapter. The book is still being written.

There is more gold in them'thar hills.

Mitchel

Noodle was amazing Chris. She could smile and lick and half snarl all at once, I never knew if she wanted to bite me, lick me or both. I've got heaps of footage of her ruining shots when we were filming Nugget Hunting Essentials. :-)

Rest in Peace Noodle the Labradoodle, a much loved pet and family member that I'm sure has left a huge lonely void in the Gholson household.

Kind Regards

JP

Chris

Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. They become a huge part of the family and it is truly the same as losing a family member. I had to put my lab down back in 06 after 14 years of her love. Its very hard.

Take care my friend.

Wes.

I'm so sorry to learn of your, Maddy and Alyssa's loss... She'll always be scouting at your side in the goldfields ... My deepest condolences.. Ron

Hi Chris,

I don't get out and about much on the internet these days but Chris Ralph and I were out detecting today and he told me of your families loss. I am one of those people who likes my dogs more than I like most people and they are all much loved members of our family. The absence they leave in our lives when they depart far outweighs what one would expect if one were to consider them merely animals. They become much more than that and I wanted to be able to express my condolences also to you and your family.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to thank all of you on behalf of myself and my family for all the wonderful comments and support. Nothing will bring her back, but knowing that some many folks out there care, sure makes it more bearable. You guys are the best... :)

Chris, so very sorry for the passing of “Noodle.” I truly believe that you have to be a Dog Loving Person & Family to truly understand what a loss of a “Best Friend & Side Kick” entails. Dogs give soooo much and only ask for soooo little in return; foremost Love & Praise, A good Meal and a warm or cool place to lie down after a hard day of prospecting with “HIS” Best Friend & Family. I will leave you with these words that all my Family & Friends tell me when they speak about the Love and Devotion between myself and my Bubber – Gunner. For I truly believe that the same feelings are a testament to the relationship between you, your family and Noodle that you all shared together. "When I Pass On As A Person, I Really Want To Come Back As A DOG And Live With You, Because I Know That As A DOG, I Am Already Living In Doggie Heaven." Peace My Friend And My Condolences To You And Your Family.... Kevin, Sheryl & Gunner...