Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Her first Gold!

One of our customers sent us these great photos of his eldest daughter with her very first piece of gold found while metal detecting with her Fisher Gold Bug. She is off to a great start and there is no doubt that this is just the first of many more nuggets to come. Way to go Hailey - keep up the good work! :)

post-28-0-00930000-1443028143_thumb.jpg post-28-0-37337600-1443028147_thumb.jpg

Want to show off your gold finds? Email us your photos to: info@arizonaoutback.com and you could be featured. Be sure to let us know if you do, or do not, want your name to appear.

WTG Hailey

You are now probably infected with the dreaded "Gold Fever" I sure wish that I had started at your age. Congratulations on your first nugget!

Norm McQ

That a girl Hailey ... Show the ole man up! Congrats on your first nugget!

Mike F

Here is the story to go along with Chris's post.

My wife and I took our 4 kids out camping for 3 days this weekend. We went to our usual spot where we've been finding the coins and the species. Day 1 of the venture was the most productive. I put the minelab away because my 11 year old daughter wanted to try the goldbug for a while. I took her over to the little mound where we found all the chinese coins and buttons. She was detecting and I was running the pick and scooper. We dug a little trash and then right up from all the dig holes from last weekend about 4 feet away she gets a sweet sounding signal. So get it all separated and finally in the cup thinking we got a cool button or a coin or something. NOPE. Out popped a beautiful quartz and gold specimen. I screamed and told her your not going to believe what I have in my hand. So I let her guess for a minute then showed her. She about fell over. The look on her face was so awesome. It was so great being there with her on that. It weighs 3.8 grams. Sweet little specie. Take care everyone.