WLTDWIZ

Deus meets Diamondback

hi all

there still out there

thought you might like these photos of a nugget hunt with the deus i had the other day mds.gif

i was swinging the deus around in a wash in arizona & darn neer hit this little fellow

i beleve its a western diamond back rattle snake sleeping under a josha bush

he was kicked back & posed no danger but woke me up quick surprise.gif

& before some 1 asks no i did not kill him he lives there im the visitor & he as i said posed no danger..

be safe have fun find some yellow

walt

post-194-0-72063800-1443372760_thumb.jpeg

post-194-0-73322000-1443372775_thumb.jpeg

post-194-0-62436900-1443372787_thumb.jpeg

Great Post Walt !

Two reasons…. I always am " Packing a 45 " with me on all my "trail blazing" prospects trips deep in to the back country . First reason is… ~ just in case a Bear or Cat thinks that I am on the menu… The second reason is more important than the first…. The second reason is insurance to avoid unexpected encounters…. Mostly, it is used as a "noise maker" when I am in very remote areas with lots of Bear and Cats ~ "areas that don't get any human traffic". ( areas that are way off the beaten path.) It's not a bad idea every hour to shoot a round in the air just to let all the Bears and Cats in the vicinity know that there is a dumb human is walking around in their back yard with a MD.

I agree…. and respect… Live & let live !!! We are all just passing through…. We share this beautiful land with all creatures big and small !

P.S.

it's always a good Idea to wear "snake gators" for protection from Thorns & Snakes .

Gerard

Words to live by ~ "Always Fill Your Holes!"

Great pictures Walt ... Can't see the tail rings in front of the rattles since he is laying on it ... I would agree probably a W Diamondback since he appears not to be very agressive ... Never met a Mohove that wasn't aggressive!

:)

Thanks for the pictures Walt. I agree with you about the greens. Apparently they are really out this year.

Three of the Mohave Greens have been picked up right here in Boulder City within the last month or so.

I haven't seen one in Gold Basin this year and don't want to.

Wear those snake guardz and keep your eyes open wide! :wacko:

I had to kill a particularly aggressive Mohave last year outside of Payson. Only one I have seen up here. Hope I never see another with such an attitude. Didn't need a firearm though. It got a rock grave !! We had a diamondback sleeping under a tree recently, same situation as yours. That snake of course is still alive since it wasn't wanting to hurt us. Dennis

Everyone talks about how agressive the mohave's are which I have yet to see :blink: -just from my own encounters with them the ones I have seen acted like any other rattle snake-given a chance they'll get the hell out of dodge B)

Mike, I would have to agree usually. Circumstances like temperature and maybe an empty stomach can change any snakes attitude though. The one I destroyed was, for lack of a better term, acting territorial or being very aggressive. It wasn't going away and I didn't try to mess with it. I was at least 30 ft. away when I came to the top of a waterfall and it was instantly buzzing and focused in my direction. I usually leave snakes alone and give them a wide berth, but this situation had to be dealt with. Dennis