A big THANK YOU to Mike Furness for hosting the informal Gold Basin outing.

We didn't have a large turnout, but we had a great time. Good food, (SUPER CHILI MIKE!) and good company in a beautiful area. The weather cooperated by turning cool Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Walt was the big winner of the gold finding tournament :P with first place in all three divisions - first nugget, largest nugget and most nuggets. Discussions with the professionals, Mike and Walt, provided us with an opportunity to pick up some valuable prospecting and detecting tips.

Thanks again Mike. :)

yes thanks mike

it was fun & i learned some more tips from you & dick

good test patch dick tough targets

as far as me being the winner in all divisions thats to funny that i won with my tiny nugglet :rolleyes:

post-194-0-26093500-1444054676_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys ... was great getting together with you all ... nuggets were scarce this trip not for trying though ... One thing I have learned about Gold Basin ... Gold is still there just well hidden! Met a couple sets of drywashers who were on the gold though so I know there is still some there ... maybe they got the last of it but I doubt it! :)

We'll have to do this again during the winter!

BTW ... Max ... my black lab best friend is still racked out this morning. He got up for his cookie and a trip out into the yard and then right back to bed! He found a lot of jacks to chase!

Glad to hear you guys were able to get in some detecting before this weather moved in. It's been raining on & off here since yesterday...Congrats Walt on the newest addition! :)

Glad you guy were able to get out and get together for a good time.

Walt...WTG!!! you got a nug!!!! More than ive gotten up there.

Tom H.

Mike C. ... Maybe so but we had a good time playing hide and seek! :)