Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gholson

Freshly Dug GPZ Gold

3 nuggets over a pound each, found with a GPZ by Jonathan Porter, prior to the release of the GPZ 7000.

post-703-0-86023600-1444668323_thumb.jpg

If I were Chris, I'd be a little po'd at the people stealing his thread to voice their rants.......................

Nice finds, no matter which detector.

LipCa, was not a rant on my part, just a question. You know when al the other detectors and coils, came out, everone was showing here gold, when when this new one came out, it just went to small gold.I know gold is gold, but t sure gets your heart going Grubstake

nvchris- Awesome nuggets- the stuff dreams are made of !!

BTW- It's hijacked, biased, silly rant posts on threads like this that discourage people from posting pictures of their finds!

Dean

Well fred,...."IF THE Insensitive-SHOE FITS!!!"......I'm not the one "CUSSING" here with: "who the hell are you?? and "so piss off" as you stated,.... So, what does that tell one and all about your use of RESPECTFUL WORDS??? As you just stated: "There are any number of respectful words you could have used to state an opinion". What gives you the right to lash-out with cuss words toward me just because you are overly sensitive about an issue and take my verbal opinion personally;

I would say that you should "Consider" your choice of words before you blurt them out.. especially on this forum. My opinion was neither directed personally toward you (nor anyone else for that matter), nor did I cuss you, nor anyone else who swings the new 7000. My opinion was intended to get a "reaction" (via some photo's) from any of those who have experienced the new 7000, and had good results (large nuggets) at good depth (20" or deeper), and who "my-not" have posted pictures. Again, if you want to take my opinion personally, that's your problem. But cussing me on this forum just because you don't like my opinion I find to be inappropriate; And maybe you should reevaluate your Understanding of the "usage of this-language" and keep your cussing to

yourself.

I really wish, I had never asked the question. Been a member here for almost 11 years, Like most of the guys that post here. Like you Fred, Nevr sen you, but you always post good stuff. AZ-GOLD-Maverick, nevr met you either. This is not the place for name calling, although I've been called a few myself. Please don't turn a simple question into gang wars. Grubstake

Hey Az-Maverick (Gary),

Well I haven't found any huge nuggets, but then again I'm not hunting ground (yet) that has the depth to warrant, big deep gold. Most of my spots have been places I have pounded hard with many generations of PI detectors. I have nearly paid for my GPZ 7000 just on old spots, but this season will be the real tale on what happens. If I found nearly $10,000 in my old spots, hit much hard then yours, I'm 100% confident I will find gold behind you. The GP3000 is a great detector, but nothing like a GPZ 7000 my friend.

If you serious, since this is Chris's forum, we both will accept that offer and try our GPZ 7000's on your old spots. You think we will find anything?

I know how this works, we/I will never truly get any invites,I understand .....

Hope all is well. Just some friendly thoughts.

Hey Rob, you know, if I was still hunting gold, You guys could come to my spots, problem is all mine are gone now. I can't climb that hill I took you too. I'd be dead in the first 1/2 mile. But atleast you know you would be welcome. Grubstake

3 nuggets over a pound each, found with a GPZ by Jonathan Porter, prior to the release of the GPZ 7000.

post-703-0-86023600-1444668323_thumb.jpg

On another forum several months ago when there were better questions about the GPZ, JP's post stated he found over 100 ozt in the testing of the GPZ. He confirmed this to me and everyone on that forum.

Other posters that I know on Steve's forum told me that they bought 2 GPZs in the first week and paid for one on a single patch.

This is all 'old news' to those of us who have looked for positive things about this new technology.

Maverick, you need to do more research sir. When you do you will not be posting the way you have done so far. You might even find more gold. Most of us have.

Hey Rob, I reckon I am well ahead of you, but then I get out a lot more than you these days. Plus my season is winding down and yours is just getting started so you will no doubt pass me up. No using heavy equipment though - that's cheating!

I have to give as much credit to Chris Ralph as my GPZ also as he has really helped get me oriented in my new digs in the Lower 48. But I am a quick study and now I am just chasing geology and swinging coils where few or none have been swung. Man I love this wide open desert country!

The GPZ is its own detector and the way it operates takes some adjusting for people used to PI machines. I really think guys used to running a hot VLF probably take to it quicker. Even then there is an adjustment period. All I know is there is not one second I regret selling my 5000 as the 7000 and I really get along well. Really an amazing machine once you get to know it.

Gary, I do hope you are doing well. Best wishes to you.

WELL ROB,.....HOW-IN-THE-HECK HAVE YOU BEEN????? It's been "many-moons" since you and I swung detectors together down at Rich Hill. I think you where swinging either a 4000 or a 4500 at that time??? As I recall, the only thing you found that day was a rattlesnake (green Mojave I think), as we both got skunked.

I must say, I am Impressed that you (and / or Chris) will accept my challenge instead-of "Taking Offense-To" my opinion of the 7000, my means of expressing it, and my choice of words used, as a-number of "Others" have negatively-chosen to-do on this forum. Apparently(???) "they" made the choice of being sensitive-to, or offended-by a "word," as being the big issue, and completely discarded the open invitation I expressed as a challenge. Kind of Self-Centered and Narrow-Minded one-might-say.

At any rate, ..So you're 100% confident that you (and / or Chris) will find gold behind me in my old spots??? You might end up being Surprised at what you Won't find there,. I'm very thorough !! But as Doc Holiday said in TOMESTONE,.. "I'm-your-Huckleberry" And the Invitation stands. So, I accept your challenge...."WITH A FEW "CONDITIONS": It will only be with you, Chis (if he accepts) and I,..."No one else", And, we are not just hitting my old spots, we will be visiting both of yours as well. You take me to one of your old-hammered-spots (preferably somewhere in the Bradshaws), and then I will agree to take you to one of mine. We swap-off-each-time,.... unless you two only have one spot, (which I know you have more than one), as do I. We can flip a coin to see who's spot we will attack first. The rest of the details we can communicate via PM.

Hey, Steve Herschbach,......THANK YOU for your vote of confidence, and I am glad to hear that you have become-One with your 7000. I like seeing what you have posted from Nevada; Nice gold. Gary

Arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. It makes you tired and after awhile you realize the pig likes it...or perhaps you prefer "donot cast your pearls before swine:

which is in no way meant to call you or anyone a pig nor is it personal.

gosh darn this is hard not cussing or cursing...

have a polly-anna day my friend

fred

Steve, I am Gary, just not the one Rob is referring too, AZ Gold Maverick his name is Gary Also I gather. Grubstake

Stve My Daughter a her husand just moved t Fairbank AK, Heisin the Natinal Guard. But has a job driving truck For a oil company. Grubstake

Hi Gary, Rob & All,

A good ol’ nugget hunt challenge sounds like fun – count me in! I have heaps of spots where I’ve pulled gold in the Bradshaws. Many of them were awesome patches that produced hundreds of nuggets, but having said that, I personally don’t think that the Brads are the best place for this kind of test. Here’s why – most of these patches were found in tiny, narrow washes (very few hillside patches in the Brads). Most of these washes are extremely shallow and bedrock is exposed everywhere. A 12” target would be very deep for this country. I have no doubt that if the three of us hunted long enough on these old spots we would turn up some gold. A couple of pickers between us would be good, but not the head-to-head sort of depth test you guys are talking about. I personally think we would be better off visiting some district like Rich Hill or Gold Basin where there is actually some depth. I have hit some targets in both of these places that required me to go back to the truck and get a shovel and pry bar...that has never been the case in the Brads. I am happy to share an old patch or two at the Hill, but I don’t get down that way much anymore and I know it’s getting goofy with locked gates, etc., so we would need to find out about access…In any case, I'm in!

Ok I wasn't going to chime in because this is just too fun to sit back and watch. But I will say, it is getting interesting. I have a spot where I have been finding my specimen nuggets that I have absolutely pounded with my gp extreme and now the 5000. Of course I found gold I missed or was undetectable for the Extreme with the 5000. With that being said, there is another feller here that hunts there and he swings a 7000. Same results. He has found some sweet specimens in the EXACT spot I have pounded and many before me have pounded with the older machines. And I'm talking depth. I know for a fact the 7000 outperforms the 5000 and so on down the line. Am I going to go spend 10 grand on a new one? I think not. Because there is still in my opinion coil combinations and settings that might bring the 5000 pretty darn close to the performance of the 7000. May not match it side by side but I bet it's close. My extreme was a very hot machine and I know for a fact it couldn't find what I'm finding now with the 5000. How do I know? Because I have tested it. Just like I'm sure everyone else has tested their old machine or one similar to their new machine. Whether we want to except it or not, there is better gear out there. I personally like my 5000 and won't be getting a 7000. But having an older model machine then having to upgrade to the 5000, I know there is a difference. Just like there is a difference between the 7000 and the 5000. It's just a fact.

Dan

Well Hello Chris,...Been wondering when you might jump in and address my challenge.

Actually, the "Depth" attained (or attainable) by the 7000 is not really what I was trying to address or question, as I am sure that with it's new, advanced technology the 7000 will outperform my 3000 (as does the 4500 and the 5000) without a problem (Depth-wise).

My "main issue", is the claim (which I question) that anyone with the new 7000 would be able to "come-in-behind-me" (on any of my spots) where I have used my 3000 and find gold that it missed. As I mentioned earlier, I am very thorough in my searching, not to mention the very-high-mineralization in and around those spots. I don't have any hillside spots, ...they are all within rough-volcanic-Boulder-laden-washes, with tons of black sand , and some areas are very deep in overburden. This I think will be a challenge for the 7000.

As for going all the way over to Gold Basin, or Rich Hill,....I wouldn't think that would be necessary considering that Depth is not at question. And I don't belong to any gold prospecting clubs, so I wouldn't be able to go onto any of the claims there.

I mentioned the Bradshaws because they are fairly close, and convenient. I would think that there might a few spots there you would be willing to share with me (I have a few there myself that you may not be aware-of?? ...One of them does require a detector that will go Deep). Also, the majority of my hot spots are very close to Prescott Valley, which would also be convenient.

As you might have already surmised, I am interested in sharing a few (I'm open to how many) of my spots with you and Rob to accomplish this challenge to possibly answer my question, as long as you and Rob are willing to share "as-many" of your overly-worked spots with me as well. I would think that both you and Rob would be interested in (what will most likely be) new ground(s) to prospect with your 7000's, ...as I am also interested in new ground(s) for the same purpose, only with my 3000, and I don't even care how-pounded (I like exposed bedrock-stretches)....So, what do you think???.. Gary

Here are a few photos of my latest nuggets from one of my spots,... the larger-rounded-one I got today from about 18" down within a bedrock crack that was covered with hard clay, heavy black sand and "many" large rocks, with a boulder or two thrown in on top.

post-906-0-37428700-1444789168_thumb.jpg

post-906-0-75443400-1444789182_thumb.jpg

post-906-0-65974600-1444789192_thumb.jpg

post-906-0-91291800-1444789206_thumb.jpg

Maverick,

You have just acknowledged that all of us Yahoos with a 7000, 5000 or 4500 have a superior machine. What is your problem with that? Would you find more gold with one of those?

Now you want to make a challenge against a qualified 'claim' that I haven't seen any of us make:

My "main issue", is the claim (which I question) that anyone with the new 7000 would be able to "come-in-behind-me" (on any of my spots) where I have used my 3000 and find gold that it missed.

How can anyone possibly win this challenge statement against you?

Those friends of yours who want to try have fun but they won't win. This is a moving target. Something will always make the result tainted.

Hey Guys,

Steve H. - Ya, you have me on the GPZ gold. I've been very limited on time, averaging maybe one day a week to search with the GPZ. That being said, I'm hunting mostly heavily pounded patches that don't have a whole lot of depth. Many of them are washes and small ravines, beat to crap before. However, I'm impressed finding what I have so far in these locations with the GPZ. To pay for a $10,000 just on beat down patches is enough to keep me happy. My overall investment is paid for, now it's play time this Winter on new ground hopefully with more depth.

Chris & Gary - Like Chris stated, many of both of our patches are those washes and small ravines, some with 70-80% exposed bedrock. These probably aren't the best locations for a test on the GPZ, unless there is enough deeper locations. To hunt exposed bedrock or areas that are only 4-6 inches deep probably won't show much. Regardless, I'm interested in the test and believe we both will find gold missed in each others patches. Lastly, we can all get together, enjoy some time swinging spots we might not seen before and then talk about how good/bad the detectors performed. Heck, you might just convince Chris and I to sell our GPZ's! :D

I would almost bet a SDC 2300 on some of your spots would fine smaller gold you missed. I was impressed with the SDC also, but couldn't justify having $13,000+ in detectors when I can only use one at a time.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the GPZ. Maybe at some point in the future we can set something up.

Hey Rob / Chris,... I'm sure you and Chris are convenced that you have completly cleared-out all detectable gold out of your old-spots that you have returned-to over and over again over the years, as I feel the same about the majority of my spots. But, your old-hammered spots are new ground(s) to me, and I have a very unique-way of getting-to those allusive-stelthy-nuggets that the vast majority of detectorist's don't, or won't utilize. It has proven beneficial to me over the years, and kept me on the gold fairly regularly. So, I would welcome any of your spots that contain washes, ravines, etc that contain exposed bedrock-stretches, no matter how wide, or how deep.

My spots also contain scattered-stretches of exposed bedrock, but between those stretches are deep-areas of wash that seperates them. Some I would guess to be between 5 ft deep or more?? I have no idea just how deep the bedrock is in these areas

Now, considering that I have never run across anyone with a detector on any of my spots, nor while I was in any of the washes that I detect in the last 5-6 years of hunting them I would think-that you (both) would also consider my spots to be new-ground(s) for you as well. I mean none of the 3 of us will be going into country that is unproven (or questionable) about whether it actually contains gold or not. We, in essense are assured-of hunting ground(s) ( new to each of us) that have proven (by each of us) that gold has been found there. The challenge for each of us is to see if we were not as thourough as we thought we were?!? .... Or, if a prior rain storm has washed, or exposed a fresh-nugget out without our knowing it????

"Again" my challenge for the 7000 was not the "issue of the Depth" it would attain over my 3000. My challenge was that anyone with a 7000 could come-in behind my 3000 (in spots that I had already "hammered" previously) and find nuggets that my detector did not (or could not) find. I think it will turn out to be a fun and interesting time for each of us. Gary

Mitchel,... I did not say that "any of you that have a 7000" made made that claim,....Actually, I am the one who "created" the challenge of anyone with a 7000 to coming in behind my 3000 and find gold that it didn't find. I did that on my 2nd response to Chris's post on Oct. 9Th, which I state:

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:07 PM

I'm not bashing Minelab either, ... I would just like to see someone swinging this GPZ 7000 come in "Behind me" with my GP-3000 and prove to me that this new detector will indeed find nuggets that my detector is "Suppose-to-be" missing. That would be a true test of the 7000's proclaimed- more advanced technology.

Then on Oct. 12th and then on Oct 13th, both Rob Allison (Administrator of another gold forum) and Chris Gholson accepted my challenge.

And as for "Winning" this challenge or not???, This is not a win-situation for "only-one" that comes at the expense or detrement of the other(s) as you appear to imply. This is a win-win-win situation for all three of us considering the new-ground we will each experience, the greater gold-finding-possiblity that comes with this challenge, as well as an opportunity for each-of-us to swing detector's in close proximity with each other and "share" (what will most likly be) a few days of fun, friendship, and good conversation. Apparantly you don't consider these attributes of much value where ever you come from. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

Maverick,

I consider that highly and I said 'Have fun with your friends.'

You just don't need to throw all of us other Yahoos under the bus.

If that is not what you meant to do ... you did it anyway but it appears to me you knew what you were doing.

Now you have some new prospecting land. Win-win-win ... but some of us lost respect for you, before we ever met you.