Hi All,

I had this photo sent to me yesterday by a great friend and fellow forum member. He picked up these beauties somewhere's in the Arizona desert with his Minelab GPZ 7000. I'm not sure of the final weight after cleaning. The top specimen is to me an especially attractive piece. I really love the contrast between the bright gold and the white, crystalline quartz. These are some great finds and I really appreciate his sharing them with us. Keep up the good luck streak! :)

post-28-0-29649200-1491589980_thumb.jpg

Two Great Finds! Congrats!

Mike F

Great finds!

Speaking of gold specimens like a geode - I once saw a specimen a guy found that was a chunk of quartz which was generally round shaped, about the size of a grapefruit and showed a little bit of gold on the outside, but not much. He found it with his detector and had dug it at a 2 foot depth with a Minelab PI. It screamed. It was incredibly heavy for its size, with obviously more gold on the inside. He broke it open and it was like a gold geode - it had 23 ounces of gold within. One of the best specimens I've ever held in my hands.